cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Resolved! Wi-Fi optimisation

Since the latest software update, my 2.4G Wifi channel selection keeps changing from channel 11 to Channel 1, which causes interference problems from my neighbours Wifi.Can you please turn off Wifi optimisation for me, please!Thank you in advance!

Slow Fibre65 Broadband - Some things to consider

I recently moved from Fibre35 to Fibre65 but my Internet speed didn't improve, after much investigation I resolved the problem but what I found during the exercise might help some others resolve similar issues. Firstly this is what I have in my house...

WiFi Optimization

Hi, could you please turn off WIFI optimization for my Sagemcom Router.I am having continual WiFi problems and need to be able to permanently select WiFi channels in both the 2.4 and 5ghz bands. Thank you

Lidders by Chatterbox
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

WiFI optimisation (again)

Can someone please switch this off again as I had to reset my router. Also can TalkTalk take notice that this is not helpful at all. The router defaults to Chan 36 which seems to be the default for every router, and sky Q boxes. Why can't it look for...

chrisg4kvi by Conversation Starter
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Router congestion control

If a member of my household uploads a video to YouTube, the internet goes down for all other household members, i.e. all other devices on the wireless network lose the internet, including internet radio in the kitchen. How to prevent this? I suspect ...

Mark9992 by Popular Poster
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Resolved! DISABLE WIFI OPTIMISATION

My router isn't using the WiFi channels I have set and WiFi works much better on the less congested channels, I believe from other posts on the forum it's a setting that needs to be turned off so could a member from the support team get that sorted f...

Rugazi by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like