cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

No Wi-Fi - sick of slow response

No Wi-Fi since breakfast. Contacted Talk talk via X at 11.30am - the chat is still ‘live’ (feels like it’s dead!) no progress. Responses now an hour apart. What is our best step forward. Complied with all requests promptly without any success. Not ac...

BevTalk62 by Conversation Starter
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

Solid orange light on my WiFi-Hub

Hello! I was wondering if anyone could help me find where you can order a replacement wifi-hub, our router has had a solid orange light on it all day, I have tried a few factory resets and leaving it switched off for 20 minutes, but to no avail. I ha...

otaylor by Newbie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Open Reach Modern Sporadic No internet (no green light)

HiCan someone help as I am at my wits end. I will say the issue first and then what I have done to get help.Issue since about January is that at random times throughout the day the internet goes sometimes coming on for a minute sometimes gone for hou...

IMG-20240401-WA0010.jpg
Dondatta by Participant
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

No connection after power cut

Had a very quick power cut early this morning.My router hasn't connected to the internet since.I have checked all cables, turned the router off for half an hour numerous times, and reset it, but still no joy. Any help please?

Emmerrr by Repeat Guest
  • 22 replies
  • 0 like

Router Drops out from time to time

Our router (Huawei-HG635) drops out from thr internet occasionally. It seems to do it every 3-4 weeks or so. Restarting the router brings the internet back. Is this likely to be aproblem with the router? Many thanks

hatos13 by Conversation Starter
  • 12 replies
  • 0 like

5C Master Socket Wiring Question?

Quick question... my bog standard wired (TalkTalk) telephone connection comes into the house to a junction box inside the hall by the front door. I've decorated the hall recently and the wire that went from the junction box (by the front door) to the...

Internet dropping out frequently

Internet has been dropping out frequently since Sunday last. Also the phone lie has crackling on it making it hard to hear conversation. There have been two previous calls on this matter which have resulted in engineer calls. A good line is needed by...

Intermittent WAN Connection

I've tried to speak to the support centre this morning with no luck, I'm having continual network drops from my incoming fiber connection over the last 48hrs. Please see the attached images, I'm in York and have heard reports of others experiencing t...

Image (2).jpeg Image (1).jpeg Image (3).jpeg

download speed

My download speed after several tests only averages around 2 M/s. This is very poor what is the problem

denene by Newbie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Connection drops same time every day - DHCP client stopped.

Hi,Similar to other posts here, I'm experiencing internet disconnections across all devices at the same time every day.Online chat/support has been a non-starter because their support script restricts them to asking me to turn my router off and on, a...

Luket92 by Participant
  • 18 replies
  • 0 like

Random internet drops

Dear TT team. In the last month. the internet drops of completely atleast 3 to 4 times a day and the light stays orange. it works after switching on and off.1. I have run a connection test multiple times and each episode TT suggests that it has been ...

Random internet dropouts.

For the last few weeks I have random BB dropouts. They normally only last a few minutes and can be several times in an hour, annoying when streaming and playing games. During dropout wifi signal is good and says " connected without internet". I have ...

bytes by Conversation Starter
  • 21 replies
  • 0 like

Rural property

Moving to rural property. Broadband speed is 8 MMPs. Suggestions? Ethernet cables, boosters etc? I'm clueless!

Shari16 by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Internet

My internet connection is not proper working 

Fayyaz by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Internet

Hi, my internet has been dropping off - saying "no internet connection" - for the past 4 days. Have gone on here and been told that the problem is with the connection from my router to my laptop/alexa etc. I check in every day but keep getting the sa...

Playstation upload speed

My phone says I'm getting the 18mbps upload connection, but my PS4 stays around 7/8mbps and that's hardwired with an ethernet cable. Help

Philly2 by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Internet down over 28 hours

Out of service broadband for over 28 hours. At work and unable to get any help due to late availability of agents in the morning and early close in the evenings. My children who work from jome have had to go into office and I have been unable to comp...

Bk73bk73 by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Router keeps on losing connection

Over the last few days the router keeps on losing broadband connection, which is solved by switching it off then back on again. If left to it's own devices it does eventually reconnect with a lot of flashing orange, then flashing orange/white, back t...

Qwghlm by Whizz Kid
  • 15 replies
  • 0 like

Router connection issues - Sagemcom-FAST5364

Fault case REP-14111101 Newbie here, sorry if I'm repeating old issues. Up until last night (Sunday) router (several years old) was happily providing internet to family devices. Yesterday daughter couldn't connect laptop to it, and the mobile phones ...

Router Issues

I have issues with my Router dropping out and not connecting to my equipment and constantly have to re- start the router to get connection.Speed test carried out, incoming speed to router is 68MBPS , speed out of router to equipment 37 mbps down load...

mike2701 by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like