cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Poor Broadband and keeps dropping out?

Hi have had a very good TalkTalk connection over the past few years but in the last week or so the sevice has degraded with the connection going very slow and even dropping?I have not changed anything with my home setup (router etc) for years, so it ...

gphelps5_0-1644498960309.png
gphelps5 by Participant
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband drop off

My broadband has been acting up since 1pm today. After spending over three hours on chat with a very helpful technical assistant it seemed that things had been solved but hope was short lived. The same is happening now - connection is dropping off ag...

TheDodo by Participant
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband Speed Dropped

Hi,In the past week we have noticed a significant drop in our download and upload speed ~20mb download and at least ~5mb on upload, from a previous post a few years ago I remember an assistant modifying either the (Downstream noise safety coefficient...

router.jpg speedtest.jpg

Did the internet just go down twice for anyone else?

This happened around the same time a week or so ago too. Might have been during a storm then but they couldn't use that excuse now. I was in the middle of games of PUBG each time... lost rep for "quitting" too ☹️ Apparently there is maintenance in Ab...

scowie by Conversation Starter
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

WiFi down again twice in 5 days

Please help my internet regularly goes down and an engineer is usually the only way it gets fixed. It's in need of a new line to my house to fix the issue long term. I'm meant to be working from home as much as I can due to covid for health reasons. ...

How to report intermittent fault

Since the bad weather last week, we've had an issue where when the wind gusts really hard we all loose out FTTC broadband connection, but only for the time it takes to re-establish the connection (~20 seconds). This is enough to cause problems with w...

Disable Wifi Optimization

Hello, could you please disable wifi optimization as my selected channels on both bands are being automatically changed after I change manually.

Chilli22 by First Timer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

Internet down

Hi On Thursday there was an openreach engineer doing something on our road and ever since then our Internet has been either constantly going down or off completely.I have also noticed a crackle on the phoneline now as well. Whatever they did has inte...

AdamW01 by Conversation Starter
  • 13 replies
  • 0 like

WiFi router on but internet keeps cutting out

NO INTERNET........This has been going on intermittently for weeks lately, random times of the day or evening and it's driving me mad. I'm online (this evening banking) and I get these messages then a few minutes later the page loads again and I have...

jenny340 by Participant
  • 14 replies
  • 0 like

No valid IP configuration - ethernet

Since this morning, I’ve been unable to connect using ethernet - the adapter shows ‘unidentified network’ and if I troubleshoot it tells me ‘Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.’ ipconfig /all shows I have a 169.*.*.* IP address - I’ve tri...

Internet keeps dropping

Hi, My internet has been dropping a lot over the last few days making working from home a real challenge. Please could I get some support to resolve whatever is causing it. Thanks

Kssquared by Conversation Starter
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

2.4GHZ DEVICES KEEP DISCONNECTING

Hi, I have a couple of devices connected to my router that need 2.4Ghz and can’t use 5Ghz. These devices keep disconnecting from the router and won’t reconnect? Do I need a new router? Can I purchase a generic one to connect to TalkTalk?

Broadband speed dropout

Last week on Thursday and Friday evening my broadband connection kept dropping out and rconnecting, it happened 3 or 4 times over 30 minutes or so. I have also noticed a reduction in speed so I checked my internet monitor. I have attached a copy of t...

Router restarting because of "Kernel Panic"

Hi My router has now restarted twice due to "Kernel Panic" Cutting me off whilst holding in meetings. I'm also concerned that the prior message alludes to a DoS attack should I be concerned? I have no device at 192.168.1.27 2022-01-29 15:10:09 [Error...

When will TT confirm my account ?

HiI signed up with TT (67mbps) through Uswitch 26/01/22. It advised that I required an Openreach engineer so I chose the date: 01/03/22, however, although I am currently with Virgin Media, I do have an existing BT socket, so I doubt I do require an e...

uk69gb by Popular Poster
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Help with logs and broadband stability

Hi, I've recently tried to get onto fastpath from interleaved by turning router off for full 30 minutes and hoping broadband is stable, after doing so my broadband was stable for 12 days until I dropped internet, in that case the router was flashing ...

Hive Hub not connecting with FAST5364

Hi, I'm having issues with a Hive Hub install and I have the FAST 5364-3.T8.Tt seems the router is blocking the traffic coming back from Hive. I have logged into the router and the FE port the Hive is connected too and it says nothing is connected. H...

jjh1972 by Chatterbox
  • 10 replies
  • 0 like

Wifi but internet drops out?

HiFor the past few months i've been having internet issues but only over wifi.Its quite random when it happens and I only knew about it as I leave an echo on for the dog and when I got home it was off.Over xmas and being at home I noticed it and foun...

dbeevers by Popular Poster
  • 23 replies
  • 0 like

Slow Broadband and dropping connection

I have fibre 35 and I am only getting 22mb/s to router and a maximum of 16mb/s to devices. This is causing major buffering on Netflix/Disney+ and phone connection to wifi drops constantly and has been going on for months. I have tried 4 times going t...

Wullier by Popular Poster
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Router needing to be reset daily/every other day

Hi, usually my internet connection is very stable and fast. I hardly ever have any complaints. Never have to do any kind of reset. However, for just over a week I'm finding my internet will cut out once every day or so. I have the Talk Talk router wi...

Trying to Upgrade to the advertised price

Hi I am trying to upgrade to the Advertised price but there is no where on this site that lets you do this as i need to know before trying another provider if i do not get a response.

Ani1234 by Popular Poster
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like

Having to reset VDSL modem to recover broadband connectivity

Hi, after testing with my TT HG633 router, Netgear DM200 and finally contacting TT over chat where no fault was found, I have now replaced my Netgear with a high quality Vigor 130 modem to try and resolve my broadband dropping intermittently. We have...

Iceage by Popular Poster
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like