cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

How to replace current modem

We had an Openreach engineer out recently to check on the intermittent faults we experience. When he was here of course, nothing went wrong. He did do something to make sure our connection speed was as advertised by TalkTalk. When we decribed the nat...

adam_c by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

No service for over 3 weeks

I've had no broadband or landline for over 3 weeks now. I ran a connection test and they said there is a fault on the line from the exchange. I received an engineer update through live chat for work to begin on 24/7/23 to 27/7/23. I did observe openr...

Internet Dropping

Using Eero Mesh system Working fine for past 12 months but over the last few weeks the internet keeps dropping so the whole system goes down with no internet connection. Getting basically unusable internet now then as it constantly stops connectingPl...

Dondatta by Participant
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like

ANGRY

Hello all, I have had no Internet now for 4 days. It cut off on Tuesday morning and I've had the flashing orange light on my router since. Before anyone suggests, I've done everything I possibly can on my end. Rebooting, resetting etc. I even bought ...

To cancel this broad band

I want to cancel as engineer never appeared this happened twice the 21/6/24 & 4/7/23 I'm going back to virgin as your service is shocking no communication & can't get through on phone &emailsJ.mcdonald

TORCH51# by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Imminent fault!...

BT are doing extensive work along my road and at some point have managed to physically detach the phone connection point from the house bracket. It's now dangling in the air from the remaining telegraph pole.Whilst it's still working, at present it c...

alpine by Whizz Kid
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

a fault with a dfelivery

I had a delivery of my new 'You View Box'. How ever on opening it I found there wasan item missing and one item that was not needed. However I attempted to connect up but because of these two items no matter what I did no joy. I was annoyed with the ...

Feral by First Timer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Move BT Master Socket

Hello,A Talk Talk engineer recently visited to extend my master socket a short distance, however when he arrived he wasn't able to complete the job as he didn't have any jelly clips with him. I hope I won't be charged for this!?After thinking about i...

K_Hughes by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

no broadband service - eero router red light

HiSince Thurs pm I've been experiencing problems with my broadband service. I.e. no broadband service I've tried the below since the BT Engineer "fixed" issue yesterday but same problem: - unplugged everything off and on- hard reset the eero router c...

dkhalai by Team Player
  • 13 replies
  • 0 like

Help need to book Openreach engineer

Hi, I have been told I need to book an openreach engineer but none of the links provided actually allow me to do so. Tech support isn't open 7 days per week, but sales is! And the live chat option does not work! How can I book an openreach engineer t...

KenLewis by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Problem with internet..again

I have enough. Non stop problem with connection, and again now. Somebody will fix in next 2-3 WORKING days. I have a child in sixth form, who need make ready his Computer Since project until midnight. I need use my mobile data now. I would like to re...

Agnes1 by Team Player
  • 13 replies
  • 2 like

Request from TalkTalk to book engineer

Over the past two to three weeks I have had problems with connection dropping out intermittently, off for between 15mins and couple of hours. I initially tried re-setting router but problem persisted. I did a line test and Fault Tracker advised there...

csqwared by Conversation Starter
  • 34 replies
  • 0 like

Told to book an engineer

A fault was found with my Broadband connection. I was told to book an engineer who would call at my house. I cannot find where or how to book a visit. I have not been told what the problem is or if I will be charged for visit.

Ribbleman by Enlightened One
  • 19 replies
  • 0 like

Regarding cancellation difficulties

Hello,I need some assistance. On the 4th of February, I have signed up to TalkTalk fibre. On that same day, I have realised that I didn’t want the broadband and called to cancel. The person on the phone told me that within 5 to 7 days, my contract wi...

Mohyafai by First Timer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

It can't connect to internet

My internet has been lost over 1 day, the modem #2 green light has kept blinking (updating?) and the router has kept a solid amber light. I ran a connection test 2 hours ago, it detected a fault & needed me to book an engineer appointment. The engine...

himpoon by First Timer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

07378 905544 is this TalkTalk?

We've had this text message from 07378 905544, is this a legitimate message from TalkTalk? TalkTalk Order Update: Hello, we've scheduled an engineer appointment for 28/01/2023 between 13:00 and 18:00. If you need to change the appointment, please rep...

LShone by Participant
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband outage, ticket keeps getting closed

I have had flashing orange light for almost a week now. My tickets get closed by TalkTalk and it says that my Internet connection is fine. When I speak to support they say that openreach have identified it as a high priority urgent fault which they a...

Local exchange issue

There is an issues at my local exchange.My fibre broadband has been down for 2 days, no updates at all.I had to find this information out, TalkTalk didn’t tell me in the first place. I’m not getting any updates.Super annoying.Anyone with similar issu...

KbeanZ88 by Participant
  • 24 replies
  • 0 like

Help Needed - Dropping connection almost daily

Hi there, Really need some proper help here as I have been let down by live chat 4 times now. First two times I called, I was told they were doing checks on my line and would be back in touch soon, I heard nothing back. 3rd time I was told FW was upd...

Openreach modem: connection dropouts

I have Fibre250 with the MT992 G.fast modem and a separate router. Over the last months, the modem loses the internet connection intermittently (internet LED is off, see photo). It will usually resync with the network after a few minutes, but in the ...

IMG_2072.jpeg

Resolved! Slow speed/engineer no show

Was meant to have engineer attend on 6th Jan between 8am and 2pm to install new broadband, it's now 7pm on the 7th and no one has turned up, I haven't received any communication, so set up the equipment myself (just plug it into the BT fibre thing on...

Openreach 'Circuit defined number'.

Good Evening, Openreach worked on the pole outside our home today. Our landline is working but our broadband modem cannot now connect to the internet. When we dial 17070 it gives a circuit defined number that's different from our landline number. Sho...

Resolved! No broadband/internet.

Three days ago a car destroyed the green cabinet in my road resulting in no broadband for potentially hundreds of houses on different networks. Talktalk's dashboard says everything is fine, as does downdetector. My line check says other wise.I learnt...

Svarthol by Popular Poster
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like