cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

BROADBAND NOT WORKING AFTER MOVING

A month ago I moved to a new place. I did everything necessary to have my internet line transferred from the old place to the new one. Somehow something was not working so I had to call customer service 16th of August. The person on the phone asked m...

Maciej3 by Popular Poster
  • 19 replies
  • 0 like

Resolved! Help with rep REP-11735155 please

If possible could you kindly divulge the nature of the above? It has seen my speeds drop from 22 to 16. Or is dlm messing around, again.

Divsec by Community Star
  • 22 replies
  • 0 like

Need update on fault REP-11674598

For two weeks I have been experiencing constant disconnects and 0.5-3mb down 0.2mb up when it is connected which is all but useless. I reported the fault in the 2nd of August, with no updates from Openreach except to say that an engineer is visiting ...

New Pole!

The pole bordering my home and my neighbour was replaced yesterday August 3rd.This isn't a complaint but a query regarding the work done.I initially attempted many many different avenues to contact Openreach about this but the level of response autom...

illfitting JB Cover.png
Steamywee by Super Duper Contributor
  • 21 replies
  • 0 like

No Wi-Fi for 11 days now

I reported Wi-Fi down on 25th July, I keep getting told its a cable problem and Openreach are dealing with the problem. Was told it would be fixed by the end of the day yesterday- Still not working. I don't believe the person on the phone I think the...

Ianeley by Chatterbox
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Openreach Text

HiIve just received a text claiming to be from openreach about "doing some external work in the next few days to get me ready for my TalkTalk Future Fibre installation. Once this work is complete, we will be able to provide a confirmed date of delive...

Lesley__66 by Conversation Starter
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Open Reach repair is causing issues

We recently had a problem on our line. An Open Reach engineer turned up to repair the fault and has now caused further issues. The line to our property comes in through an upstairs bedroom. Prior to the 'repair' it was routed from this room via a jun...

How do I check status of an engineer visit?

Sorry if this isn't the right forum - I couldn't find any suitable forum sections (or, at least, I couldn't find any sections within which I could post!) I'm due an engineer visit, and I thought it was supposed to be today (Saturday, 2nd July). I gat...

gutt3d by Popular Poster
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Ongoing problems with slow broadband speed

Please see attached.This issue has been ongoing for several months following an engineer visit and a new router installed.I have carried out all the checks TalkTalk suggest (as far as I am aware)Just powered down for over 30 mins and then connected d...

rodcallen by Popular Poster
  • 28 replies
  • 0 like

Returning my Equipment

I have recieved in the post today a package from TalkTalk asking for me to return my equipment to them. I have not recieved any new equipment, I still have an active account and I am up to date with my payments etc. I am wondering if this is to do wi...

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub 2 NTP cannot sync

Hi SUPPORT, While I was looking into the log to see what happen to the Internet. I noticed the TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub 2 NTP is not able to sync time correctly. I have try change the NTP server to google is not working either, I can confirm by pinging the...

Screenshot 2022-06-13 at 9.42.28 AM.png
Micmic by Popular Poster
  • 10 replies
  • 0 like

Repeated disconnections for months despite engineer

Our internet has been randomly dropping it's connection for the last few months, despite being stable for over 20 years, from dial up, to ADSL, to fibre.We have suffered the torture of online chat who sent an engineer out.The engineer came and intern...

Resolved! Fault Report - Frequent Disconnections

Hi, I recently requested a replacement router for one of my properties ( details in private notes ) which I thought would cure WiFi connection issues my tenants were experiencing.Unfortunately the fault goes deeper than that, I went to the property t...

Download speed reducing over the years - Slow & Sluggish

Hi there,Not sure if I am in the right place but I am in need of some advice / assistance, I've been with talktalk for as long as I can remember, and up until recently have had no problems. I renewed my contract again for this year and was told my sp...

Spiug by Conversation Starter
  • 46 replies
  • 0 like

Multiple engineer visits and so many issues

Over the last month or so my internet has had random intermittent drop outs almost everyday.On top of that the speed slowly drops lower and lower each time until an engineer comes to fix it.I've seen multiple of them now and the issues continue. I've...

Setto by Team Player
  • 38 replies
  • 0 like

Flashing Amber Light - Sagem Router

Hi Since moving into my new home almost 3 weeks ago we have been without internet connection and the live chat is absolutely useless! We keep getting told to run the same diagnostic tests over and over and they just won’t get an engineer out to recti...

Booking an Engineer

Hi there, I've just been chatting to technical support on the live chat regarding a broadband problem. We've been having dropouts of DSL connection/signal with the internet and broadband lights going off completely. I've followed the talk talk guides...

house move (urgent)

HiI am asking again because I still don't understand! I am moving homeI filled in the form on Talk Talk website to move homeI got the dates. I move tomorrow 3rd May and my service at my old home ends on the 4th May.But I have been told I wont be conn...

harvey7 by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

SAGEMCOM FAST 5364 TALKTALK ROUTER - Hardware Failure

I have a SAGEMCOM FAST 5364 TALKTALK ROUTER - Wireless Hub with VDSL2/ADSL2 Modem for fibre, which has died.HARDWARE version: FAST5364 3.00FIRMWARE version = SG4K10002816tIt stopped working at 5.50am BST, the network went down and the LED was permane...

steve1234 by Conversation Starter
  • 58 replies
  • 2 like

Am I supposed to get an ETA for an engineer visit?

Our broadband hasn't been working for a couple of days now, and we were supposed to receive a visit from an engineer yesterday morning. The engineer didn't turn up, and when I phoned TalkTalk I was told to phone back after 6pm as the call hadn't been...

Feel like I’m banging my head against a wall!

Hello, For some background I have lived in my property for 4 years which has had a stable connection until a few weeks ago with various providers. I used to be a computer and load balancing engineer and have a fair amount of knowledge. I have been su...

Go live date - no internet

Hi. My go live date was yesterday (12/4). I received the email stating my account was now active. The phone line has switched fine but the broadband is not working. All I have is a flashing amber light on the router. I noted on my account there is a ...