cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Backup of Sagecom 5364 router

I used to be able to backup or restore the router settings by going into advanced settings and maintenance, but the menu item for backup has disappeared. Where should I look for these menu items please?

Router software not offering configuration restore after reset

My router at home was inadvertently reset to default while I was traveling. Not a problem I thought, when I return I will simply restore the backup configuration (which includes siginificant customization of the networks, MAC filter lists etc). Only ...

Clipboard01.jpeg Clipboard02.jpeg
mrmos by Team Player
  • 16 replies
  • 0 like

NEW TALKTALK ROUTER BLOCKING VPN CONNECTION

Router is blocking my work VPNApparent it needs a firmware update. as described here:New TalkTalk router blocking VPN connection - Page 2 - TalkTalk Help & SupportHow do I update the firmware?

MattWest by First Timer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Assigning a new IP

Hello Every 6 months or so, my fibre broadband stops working. I go through the troubleshooting with the agent on chat, and it eventually gets resolved by assigning a new IP at Talk-Talk's end ("Upon checking here we successfully issued a new IP on yo...

flweir by Popular Poster
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

Resolved! ROUTER Sagemcom Fast 5464 and setting of Firewall.

I would like a newer version of the router firmware and the manual of the router. Usually this is done from the manufacturer. The manufacturer does not have any portal for firmware or manuals. Do you as the ISP have a portal to download new firmware ...

Billx by Whizz Kid
  • 44 replies
  • 0 like

Firmware Update

I understand a firmware update will allow me to connect to my firm's VPN. Please could you update for me. Thanks

GPoole by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

firmware update

hello can I have the latest firmware to my router please? it's been a few years since I last asked and I want to make sure my network is secure.

DNS issue/ Request Firmware update?

Hi, I recently changed over to the new SG4K100136 router to fix previous issue with my old router with blocked internal ports. Thats all working fine now. On my network I have game servers deployed. Minecraft for my family and friends is the one that...

Splatt68 by Popular Poster
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

DG8041W - System reset due to kernel panic, Terminal:OTHER

My router is rebooting itself multiple times a day. It is hugely disrupting. The logs shows many entries for the following error which I believe is the cause:[Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: System reset due to ...

andyjw by Team Player
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Sagemcom Update

Would it be possible to have the latest update pushed to me? I have been experiencing drop outs range issues etc lately Jon

System reset due to kernel panic issue

Hi folks,So glad I've found this messageboard after lots of head scratching. I have an EchoLife DG8041W Home Gateway router with my contract and have been experiencing an issue where my router reboots suddenly on average of a once or twice a day due ...

Markrg71 by Popular Poster
  • 29 replies
  • 0 like

Talk Talk TV Box not working

Our TalkTalk TV box has been playing up for some time now: freezing, sometimes failing to record when it's saying at the top of the screen that it is recording, and also sometimes the screen just goes to black. We have turned it off and on several ti...

AlisonT1 by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

FAST5364 WiFi hub software updates

Can someone please check if my firmware is up to date? I have SG4K100136 I’m getting full upload speeds but download is dropping off to 0.07mbps According to the fault report I got the problem is fixed but I still can’t use broadband.

inHen by First Timer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

‘My Router’ states my Fast 5364 router requires an update

As in the subject heading, my router seems software/firmware is out-of-date (Software - SG4K10001400t, GUI - 1.152.6) I have ‘chatted’ with an operator who told me that the router had been updated and was on 24hr observation. However, the ‘My Router’...

Services being blocked

Hi,Please can soemone help if possible.It looks like certain apps and services on my network are baing blocked. I cant access sky TV on demand services and also apps on my phone are blocked.It is definately my Talktalk network that is blocking tem as...

ROUTER ISSUES - AFTER FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Hello,Router - Sagemcom FAST 5364 3.00Firmware version - SG4K100158Since - 17/02/23 last Friday morning - after the router had a firmware upgrade, I've been having the following problems -1. Work VOIP phone has stopped working2. Smart meter display s...

Problems Accessing Plex

I am having problems accessing plex. This seems to have started when the router firmware was updated on 17th Feb. I had a similar problem last year with a firmware update. Router is a FAST5364 3.00 with firmware version SG4K100158. Thanks for any hel...

TimkT by Conversation Starter
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

DG8041W-System-reset-due-to-kernel-panic-Terminal-OTHER

My router keeps restarting and I see the following error in the logs : DG8041W-System-reset-due-to-kernel-panic-Terminal-OTHER I read in other posts that it requires a firmware update. Can you please do the needful ? Thanks.

tvkris by First Timer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like