cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

DG8041W firmware

I have a Talk Talk Wi-Fi Hub DG8041W with firmware Version v1.05t. It very often reboots itself and I read that there is a firmware update that cures the problem. Can i have the firmware upgrade?My download speed has dropped from 35 Mbps to 20Mbps an...

Bronzey by Popular Poster
  • 18 replies
  • 0 like

Nord Vpn stopped works again

Hello, nord vpn stopped working this week on the talk talk wifi across all my devices.The same happened almost exactly a year ago and a firmware update was needed on the sagemcom wifi hub, done by the support team.But I can’t check the version at the...

Firmware update - VPN and Ring doorbells not working now!

Hi, At about 1.30am last night, my router restarted. On restart neither my VPNs or Ring doorbell/chime work now unless I drop the Firewall settings down from High to Medium on the router. It looks like I've got the same firmware update that everyone ...

Broken Firmware Update?

Adding to other recent posts here I think a firmware update is causing me issues - What's App in particular is taking time to connect, when its usually instant. I'm on SG4K100158 now (as of yesterday/today?)My router is Sagecom FAST 5364 3 I had the ...

ggttjm by Popular Poster
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

Broken Firmware Update - Sagemcom Fast 5364 - (Again)

So, again a firmware update has broken my internet connection... My VPNs no longer workWhatsApp calls don't workCertain other apps not workingA number of DNS resolution issues Fault has been reported (ref# available if needed) Can somebody please esc...

Olivia45 by Popular Poster
  • 14 replies
  • 1 like

Router firmware upgrade request

Similar to VickyEJ's recent thread I also have problems with Whatsapp over Wifi. I have tried opening up the XMPP port 5222 outbound (default Whatsapp messaging routing) to avoid having to use the failover 443 but it only fixed it temporarily. As it ...

Chrace by Popular Poster
  • 11 replies
  • 0 like

WiFi Hub 2 dropping devices - SG4K100136

Looking for some guidance here, I’ve got a TalkTalk Hub 2 (version SG4K100136 - Sagemcom - FAST 5464 -1 T4 ) and have only noticed recently, due to the addition of some google cameras, that is consistently drops devices at random times - very annoyin...

TyGold by Popular Poster
  • 12 replies
  • 0 like

VPN Issues (urgent)

Hi, I had similar issues multiple times in the past and it seems to have happened again, exact same situation. I've just copied my previous message below as opposed to writing anything new: We recently had an issue with our router and the broadband l...

No external internet access since latest update

For the past couple of days my internet access has been poor. Yesterday afternoon all WiFi was connected however there is no external access to any websites. I can connect externally using my work laptop on the work VPN however. I really need this fi...

Sagemcom router won't let my VPN connect

Since I got the Sagemcom router from TT, I've not been able to connect to my work VPN unless I put the laptop concerned into the DMZ. Obviously this isn't ideal, so I've gone back to using the old router - Huawei HG633 - which works fine. I think I g...

MikeyB10001 by Conversation Starter
  • 10 replies
  • 0 like

Router upgrade

Please upgrade my router for the new line package asRegards Peter Heaven As per - from Tech Service Yes, I am checking the router that you are using right now and there is no issue on your router Peter. It;s just need to be upgraded.

Firmware update for sagemcom fast 5364-3 T.8

Hi guys, I've been searching for fast and reliable router for a long time, finally I got one from ebay. Unfortunately the firmware is very old and has some issues. How can I receive an update? I'm not a TalkTalk customer, so I was thinking an automat...

cnupo by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Firmware update needed?

Hi, I'm experiencing what appears to be a known TT problem, in that I cannot add any port forwarding nor can I make any firewall port changes. I'm trying to see internal CCTV from the Internet" This was working before I upgraded to the new Sagecom FA...

firepit by Popular Poster
  • 18 replies
  • 0 like

EchoLife DG8041W

Hi GuysI have an EchoLife DG8041W. I am having regular resets and have come across these entries in the logs. [Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: System reset due to kernel panic, Terminal:OTHER. I have read there ...

Yet another VPN BLOCK issue

Hi No help with any other talk talk avenue to resolve this.Technical support on chat is useless I need this firmware update to allow me access my work VPN urgently please

Deancar by First Timer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

Resolved! Kernel Panic - DG8041W

Hi - After many months of seemingly trouble free performance I have started to have "Kernel Panic" disconnections on my DG8041W "super" router. The message I get is :-1981-01-01 00:00:10 [Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset...

DG8041W - Resetting

Hi,Can someone contact me from Talk-Talk to help with the below from my EchoLife DG8041W please? 1981-01-01 00:00:10 [Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: System reset due to kernel panic, Terminal:OTHER

Internet freezing /requires router reboot?

Hi We've recently had internet traffic freezing twice with only cure being complete router reboot (Oct 28th 22:42 & today 09:21) Wifi stays up ok, can ping internally ok, just nothing from outside. Works again fine following router reboot. Any chance...

JH1551JH by Chatterbox
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

VPN connection

Hi,After a system update, I realized I am unable to connect through PPTP to my VPN server.The TalkTalk router's firmware version is SG4K100136 . Is there an update available and do you think you can upgrade this firmware on my router?Thank you very m...

Radus by First Timer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

DHCP Reservations

I am trying to set up DHCP reservations but cannot seem to find it anywhere. I'm not too sure whether the router needs a firmware update or? Thanks

Fizii by First Timer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

VPN Issues (Urgent)

Hi, I'm just going to copy the same issue from Monday and the previous Monday, is there a reason why this keeps happening? ''Hi, I had similar issues last Monday and it seems to have happened again, exact same situation. I've just copied my previous ...

VPN Issues (Urgent)

Hi, I had similar issues last Monday and it seems to have happened again, exact same situation. I've just copied my previous message below as opposed to writing anything new: We recently had an issue with our router and the broadband line that was de...

VPN connection dropping

Hi, Similar to many other posts, e.g.: I've been using an HP laptop and TalkTalk's Sagemcom router to access my company's VPN for a long time working from home with no issue. In the last few weeks it's starting randomly dropping the connection from t...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 18 replies
  • 0 like

DG8041W ROUTER CONSTANTLY DROPPING INTERNET CONNECTION

Hello, Been having this problem for a couple of weeks and seems to be getting worse. Loading internet for a couple of minutes and then seems to reset. Happens to by wireless and wired connections. Router flashes orange when this happens (then goes wh...