cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Manage router

Hey man how do I reset my router to factory default settings because I closed my 2.4 gHZ thing and my 5gHz thing and my wifi isn't working, it would be great if you could help me out. My whole WiFi is cut

Neshniva by Chatterbox
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Not enough Forum Topics

I would suggest that TT has setup the forums to be rather restricted, there should be one for "Other" as I am sure there are many topics not covered by the current forums. Thought on this?

kpf61 by Conversation Starter
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Gift Cloud Email never received

I joined talktalk in August and I've been waiting for the £90 voucher to come through. I reached out to the support team and was told to wait for 10 working days, is there anyway I can speed this along with Christmas approaching?

Lerrico by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Cancel broadband

Hi, My broadband has been cancel because of my previous living address has outstanding debt with talk talk. My previous address was my parents house and not in my name so would it be possible to keep the broadband in my new address? Thank you, Wesley...

Go live

Hi, my go live date 02.12 but today I still don't have Internet. 

Sauliuss by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

WIRELESS NOT WORKING, ETHERNET IS.

All throughout today I've been having massive issues with my internet. I can connect to the network, but it says connected with no internet. This is happening on all devices with a wireless connection.Wired connection is working absolutely fine, so I...

Restricted broadband

Can someone tell me why I keep getting restricted broadband when all my bills are paid and up to date

Postage bag to returning router

I've canceled my broadband service a month ago but still haven't received the postage bag to return the router. How do I request a postage bag? Thanks.

No Internet connection

So, yesterday (Sunday 28th) the Internet stopped functioning. We had this issue before some time ago (approx 3 months ago?) and we were sent a new router, which by the time that had arrived the service had been restored by itself. This time with the ...

MWise81 by Chatterbox
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

My router

Hi there,I hope you are well.Our internet connection is very slow. We can’t use the internet in the next room. When I want to do speed test in your website, a warning pops up that your router is not identified. But our router was sent by TalkTalk. So...

kapry_11 by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Returns envelope

HelloI've been sent a new router but don't have a return envelope to send back my old one. How can I get one sent to my address?Sam

Resolved! Claiming my £80 Gift Voucher

Hi,I signed up to TalkTalk on 5/08/2021.I have had no word on the £80 voucher so I contacted GiftCloud who responded with"Unfortunately, we are not the suppliers of this offer"and to contact "vouchers@broadbandchoices.co.uk"who just sent me a generic...

Brian_R by Chatterbox
  • 9 replies
  • 1 like

Resolved! DISABLE WIFI OPTIMISATION

My router isn't using the WiFi channels I have set and WiFi works much better on the less congested channels, I believe from other posts on the forum it's a setting that needs to be turned off so could a member from the support team get that sorted f...

Rugazi by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

No Internet

22 days now without internet connection.3 engineer visits1 new router5 hours on the phone to Talktalk6 hours with engineers4 hours waiting for a manager to ring (as agreed but didn't happen)£24 for a dongle.ALL because Talktalk didn't tell Openreach ...

ronke by Chatterbox
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

cancelling

I have found a more competitive deal with another provider. If I switch will they inform talk talk and cancel my current package or do I need to do this?

abiking by Chatterbox
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Offered a Fibre upgrade but is all what it seems

No problem but seeking some advice from members that have been in a similar situation.Background - I've been a customer with TT for over 15 years and never had much to complain about. I'm on Fibre 65 at the moment with a few speed wobbles in recent m...

mikeyar by Whizz Kid
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

new overhead cable

I was supposed to be having a line installed today. I already have a line supplied by BT, which I am keeping. This was an additional line. However, when the engineer arrived he realised there was nowhere he could take supply from on the street. The p...

Upgrade Broadband ???

Hello just wanted to ask a question why does TalkTalk send out emails about promotions ect.But then you go to contact them on the specified number & live chat they've never heard of it and try to sell you different deals ?Lol they've just sent me a e...

Screenshot_20211109-103843_Yahoo Mail.jpg
Gibbons by Conversation Starter
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Still haven't received £80 sign up voucher

I signed up to Talk Talk on the understanding that I would receive an £80 gift voucher, 90 days after my broadband service was activated. We're passed that timeframe now but there's not sign of the voucher. I contacted Giftcloud who said they needed ...

ChesneyJ by First Timer
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like

Fibre broadband router

Hi I am trying to enter the router. I put in all the appropriate numbers and get sent to a page that says not a secure site with a warning. However it is TalkTalk. Only happened in the last week. Anyone shed a light on things. Cheers