cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Connect Hub network to wifi web network

My routers IP is 192.168.1.1, I have a WiFi Web connected whose main IP address is 192.168.68.1My laptop is connected by a LAN cable to the TalkTalk router, so has a 192.168.1.* IP address.My Printer connects to the WiFi Web so has a 192.168.68.* IP ...

jainzi by First Timer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

Resolved! Port forwarding on Huawei Super Router

Hi, I've been trying to set up port forwarding on my Huawei Super Router. I have a decent understanding of how this should work and I've triple-checked things at the URL below. https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Set-up-port-forwarding/ta-p/...

tt-user by First Timer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 like

Resolved! CAN'T PORT FORWARD 80 ON DG8041W ROUTER

I just found out that the huawei DG8041W router doesn't allow port forwarding for port 80 and 443, I've seen customers getting replacement router that will work with those port, how do I apply to obtain that router which support those ports? The erro...

ley123 by First Timer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 like

Port Forwarding - Sagemcom-FAST5364

im trying to port forward for a web server on port 80, ive opened the port in the network and directed to the correct IP, and the server is running on Ubuntu with no fire wall, yet i still cant connect externally, i can connect on the local ip but no...

Cody1 by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Invalid IP address - port forwarding / DMZ

I have a FAST5364 router, running SG4K100174. I'm trying to set up port forwarding but always get an "invalid IP address" error.My Router lives at 192.168.10.1; the only thing connected to it is a Unifi USG. I've seen some suggestion that forwarding ...

Resolved! latest Firmware SG4K100174 causing port forwarding issues

With this SG4K100174 firmware - port forwarding says "invalid ip address" when the router has been setup to use layer 3 addresses 192.16.0.xxx - only works if you set router to 192.168.1.xxx My many static IP addresses prevent me from using the defau...

Need new router that support ports 80 and 443

I would like to open up ports 80 and 443 on my home network so that I can access my web server from outside my home. After reading the other threads on this topic, it looks like the Huawei DG8041W router is unable to forward ports 80 and 443. Could y...

talktalk hub black faulty

I can access the internet, but when I login into the router to configure my wifi setting etc, the router locks up.only option is to reboot. this router is from my contract from 36 months ago. can you send me a replacement.

Port 455

I'm working from home and my work IT have said that I need access to Port 445 in order to access the work drives and that this has been blocked by talk talk. Please can a TalkTalk team member assist and change my settings to allow for this? Thanks

Resolved! unable to forward external port 8443 to internal 443

I have just upgraded to full fibre, with the TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub 2, version SG4K100158, and am trying to reestablish the port forwarding i used with the previous router. In the router GUI, i navigated to home / manage my devices / manage advanced sett...

DG8041W port forwarding

Nothing is being port forwarded no matter what I do...I using the Ipv4 address correctly, is there something wrong here?

Kuvon_0-1679847035998.png
Kuvon by Chatterbox
  • 10 replies
  • 0 like

SAGECOM FAST 5364 SUPERHUB - PORT FORWARDING ISSUE

Hello hope you can help i have recently recieved a new router and have set it up the same as my last. The problem am having is that i can not set up a port forward which is needed to access some stuff within my house like cameras and such. Is this an...

Resolved! Eufy local camera recordings not showing

Hi all, I hope someone is able to help! I've had a couple of Eufy doorbell cameras for over a year and have been with TalkTalk for the same amount of time.I've only started having issues with the camera recordings in the last month or so.I am able to...

shivvy by First Timer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Remote desktop VPN connection not working

I use a remote desktop VPN connection to access my files and programmes at work when working from home. Up until about 3 months ago I could access this without issue. Since then I have been unable to connect. It is not an issue with the computer or r...

Firmware update needed?

Hi, I'm experiencing what appears to be a known TT problem, in that I cannot add any port forwarding nor can I make any firewall port changes. I'm trying to see internal CCTV from the Internet" This was working before I upgraded to the new Sagecom FA...

firepit by Popular Poster
  • 18 replies
  • 0 like

Router and Mode

I want to buy the ASUS RT-AX86U but I’m unsure what to do; I guess I also need to buy a modem to push the internet through first so the router will work. Does anybody know which modem I can use, or does anybody have any advice on what to do; this is ...

Public IP for Plex Media Server

Hello.I’m looking to set up my own media server through Plex to access remotely from any network. This server works great on the local network through an indirect connection, but I cannot enable remote access, as the the public IP listed on Plex isn’...

Router will NOT forward essential ports

Using TalkTalk’s help chat line, I spent half an hour explaining to “J*****”” that I had spent several months, literally, failing to set up port forwarding for my NAS. I made it perfectly clear that following the instructions on the TT website did NO...

Port forwarding

I am trying to set up port forwarding on a Huawei HG633.I have followed the user guide and believe I have the settings correct yet I cannot make an FTP connection. I have seen other people having similar problems with Talktalk routers, is this a know...

Studiosoft by Conversation Starter
  • 21 replies
  • 0 like