cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Port forwarding

I am trying to set up port forwarding on a Huawei HG633.I have followed the user guide and believe I have the settings correct yet I cannot make an FTP connection. I have seen other people having similar problems with Talktalk routers, is this a know...

Studiosoft by Conversation Starter
  • 21 replies
  • 0 like

not able to port forward with the DG8041W router

Hi, I have been unable to open and port forward new ports with my DG8041W router and have seen that this is an issue with this router. I also saw that it was possible to request a swap to another router that allows this functionallity. would this be ...

Dg8041w Port Forwarding 80 and 443 Issue

Hi there, after trying to setup a reverse proxy and the port forwarding not working on the router, I can see that it's a particular issue with this router. I can also see that this router can be swapped for alternative sagemcom router. Please may I r...

Nummy01 by First Timer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

DG8041W not forwarding IPSec vpn traffic

Hi, I have a DG8041W with fibre 65 connection. I have a VPN server on LAN. I can connect to the VPN ok from the LAN. when I try to connect to the server from the internet the connection fails negotiation. I have allowed IPSec ports upd-4500 and udp_5...

dw07dal by Participant
  • 23 replies
  • 0 like

Sagemcom router port forwarding rules add failure

Hi GuysI'm another user who getting the issue setting up port forwarding, this time for a synology nas and I get the "Operation could not complete, something wrong happened." I've tried a factory reset and that didn't work, can you update my firmware...

Port forwarding/ISP issue

Reposting as it got removed for 0 reasons.Ok so after a whole day of trying to port forward everything i do ends up in (canyouseeme.org) not being able to see my ports. Im trying to host an assetto corsa server running on the ports 9601 and 8088. but...

Kinger227 by Popular Poster
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Port Forwarding Something Wrong Happened

My HW version 3 Sagem Fast router recently upgraded to SG4K100130, which broke my LAN setup which is quite complex with 3 servers, fixed IP addresses and port forwarding. A new router was sent out, HW version4, with firmware SG4K100124.I have set my ...

LGN42R by Chatterbox
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

Wi-Fi Hub port forwarding

Hi. Are there any networking experts out there who could advise on how best to replicate the current port forwarding rules, used on my ASUS wi-fi 6 modem/router, on the Talktalk Wi-Fi hub.In particular what I should select in the Service drop down li...

davecm by Whizz Kid
  • 59 replies
  • 0 like

Sagecom Fast 5364 port forwarding and vpn issue

I have been having alot of issues since the recent formware update on our router.I am no longer able to forward any ports to local machines on my network or connect to any vpn connections. I had no issues with this before but now even after factory r...

Port forwarding on hg633 router

Hi @KeithFrench (New thread opened as advised) I'm trying to set up open ports in order to access PlayStation remote play. I have been scouring this forum and you seem to be the man in the know  Would it be possible for you to send me the guide for ...

Aksaif by First Timer
  • 6 replies
  • 2 like

Port Forwarding 44158 to support Helium Miner

Hi @KeithFrench , Can you please help me, I have an issue with port forwarding. I followed what you have put on your screenshot for another post related to port forwarding 44158. But I am getting the message as on the screen shots below. I do not kno...

DamKan_0-1645884969496.png DamKan_1-1645884969501.png
DamKan by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Changing NAT type to form 1

Does anyone know what I need to put in, on order to change my NAT type on my PS4? It wont let me upload a photo but basically I'm on port forwarding and theres like 6 boxes.first one says Service then underneath it theres two boxes one says external ...

PORT FORDWARDING

i have the huawei dg8041w router. When i go to User Device Information and select my device and then click port mapping i get an error. The requested URL was not found on this server. i dont get it. i need to open ports 22 and 443.

Hive Hub not connecting with FAST5364

Hi, I'm having issues with a Hive Hub install and I have the FAST 5364-3.T8.Tt seems the router is blocking the traffic coming back from Hive. I have logged into the router and the FE port the Hive is connected too and it says nothing is connected. H...

jjh1972 by Chatterbox
  • 10 replies
  • 0 like

DG8041W No port fowarding

I was exchanged this router because I was originally I was supplied with a Sagemcom that was forever dropping its wifi as the chip would overheat.Now i've discovered with the DG8041w i cant port forward (common fault) so what's the answer?Change ISP?...

Resolved! DG8041W Open Ports 80 & 443

Hello, I recently renewed my broadband/telephone service with TalkTalk and I was sent a new up-to date router (a DG8041W). The router is working fine but my NAS (Synology DS118) isn’t. To get the NAS working I need to open ports 80 and 443 but the ro...

wmckie20 by Team Player
  • 15 replies
  • 1 like

Set TCP and UDP ports on sagemcom

I currently am having some issues with Amazon Alexa and have been asked to change some router settings by Amazon. 1) the first is related to client isolation setting.I do not believe this is an option on talk talk routers so a red herring and we can ...

Sagemcom router port forwarding rules add failure

Hi guys, I've just setup my sagemcom router and trying to add port forwarding rules. However, I keep getting "Operation could not complete, something wrong happened.". I'm not too sure what's wrong with the setup, can you please advice? My rules are ...

vtan5_0-1638564744876.png vtan5_1-1638564785506.png
vtan5 by Chatterbox
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

I Opened 2 ports, but they dont seem to be open

Hi, like the title says, I have opened port 44258 and port 22. However when I check on a website such as yougetsignal .com . It says that the ports are closed. Can anyone help? thank you. Its for my helium hotspot.  

Port forwarding on DG8041W router

I am trying to set up a small web server, but when I try to forward port 80 to my device I get the message 'The configured port conflicts with the internal service port.'. I have given the device a static IP. Looking at other threads, this seems to b...

Disable UPnP

How do I turn off UPN for my sagecom router?Kind of a shock the option is not there!!!!