cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

request return bag to return the talk talk router

I am no longer a customer with Talk Talk since 26 March. I have moved to another provider and I am trying to return my router but I have not yet received a bag. Please can you send me a returns bag so that I will not face charges.

5C Master Socket Wiring Question?

Quick question... my bog standard wired (TalkTalk) telephone connection comes into the house to a junction box inside the hall by the front door. I've decorated the hall recently and the wire that went from the junction box (by the front door) to the...

Old Router

My router is a HUWAIE HUBBDG8041WN. I have had it for exactly 4years now.I have never really taken much notice of my speeds but since having a new tv have taken to checking them as the streaming is not that good. Checking over the last month via My C...

patgc by Whizz Kid
  • 23 replies
  • 0 like

Return equipment

I have now left Talk Talk and still waiting on instructions and pre-paid label on how to return my old modem. It's been almost a month.. How can I get an update? Phone line hasn't been helpful. I do not want to be charged because Talk Talk has been u...

New router

Good Afternoon My router is quite damaged now, I’ve had the same one for the 5 and a half years I’ve been with you guys. Not sure if this is why my WiFi drops out quite a bit. Please can you send a new router out? Can I post the old one back for recy...

Elb92 by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

DMZ not working (Or port fowarding)

My port forwarding is not working. I do everything correct and yet the ports remained closed. Pinging them on port checking websites doesn't work and attempting to use DMZ just comes back as "Invalid Ip" I have turned DCHP off and on, Reset my router...

2.4 GHz band 'DOWN'

I have enabled the 2.4 GHZ band on my router today for the first time. I am a new customer and received the router about 2 weeks ago. The router status shows the band as "DOWN" and it is not visible to devices. The band has a different SSID to the 5 ...

Internet

Hi, my internet has been dropping off - saying "no internet connection" - for the past 4 days. Have gone on here and been told that the problem is with the connection from my router to my laptop/alexa etc. I check in every day but keep getting the sa...

Playstation upload speed

My phone says I'm getting the 18mbps upload connection, but my PS4 stays around 7/8mbps and that's hardwired with an ethernet cable. Help

Philly2 by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Internet down over 28 hours

Out of service broadband for over 28 hours. At work and unable to get any help due to late availability of agents in the morning and early close in the evenings. My children who work from jome have had to go into office and I have been unable to comp...

Hidden SSID channel conflict

It seems that my Sagemcom hub is radiating two Wi-fi SSIDs on the same 5Ghz channel. They have very similar MAC addresses, and when I changed the channel for my "known" 5Ghz SSID, the channel changed for the "unknown". This strong competing signal ma...

Screenshot 2024-03-20 145234.png

Wifi Setup

New Router sent to me but no white light coming on when I press the button. There was N orange light until I pressed the button but now that has gone. Help please.

Woodim by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Router keeps on losing connection

Over the last few days the router keeps on losing broadband connection, which is solved by switching it off then back on again. If left to it's own devices it does eventually reconnect with a lot of flashing orange, then flashing orange/white, back t...

Qwghlm by Whizz Kid
  • 15 replies
  • 0 like

Frequent drops/Internet randomly resetting itself

My internet as of recent has been randomly dropping as much as 6-7 times in a 15 minute span its getting unuseable at times its insanely frustrating and i need someone to check this out. here are some logs for this. Other times theres no issue and ce...

zephyrX1 by Team Player
  • 16 replies
  • 0 like

Weak security

I keep getting weak security message on all my devices. I’ve changed the settings on my router to Wpa2/WPA personal but still getting the message . Does my router need a firmware update? It’s the FAST5364. By the way, it takes ages to actually change...

Router connection issues - Sagemcom-FAST5364

Fault case REP-14111101 Newbie here, sorry if I'm repeating old issues. Up until last night (Sunday) router (several years old) was happily providing internet to family devices. Yesterday daughter couldn't connect laptop to it, and the mobile phones ...

My Router

My Router has started to making beeping sounds every few minuets, I have turned it waited awhile then turned it back on, but this has not helped. There are no problems with any other equipment.

Faulty Broadband router

I am a new customer who received a faulty router over a week ago. I sent an email today pointing out that despite phoning, using the 'chat' and speaking to an engineer, nothing has been done. I don't want to 'chat' on line again, I don't want to 'cal...

Swift/10 by First Timer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Sagemcom router LAN misidentification

I’m having a problem on my sagemcom router where it’s identifying my IPAD running iOS on LAN has a Samsung AG device. I’ve only got two devices connected to LAN my ASUS laptop and my IPAD can any one help me fix this?

Talkinfox by Popular Poster
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

Using HG633 router as a wifi extender/access point

Hello, I've got a Sagemcom router for my fibre broadband connection, which works fine for our PC, phones and Hive Home Hub. We recently bought a new Epson WiFi printer which we keep in a different room from the PC and I want to set up my old TalkTalk...