cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Router problems

I have bein having router problems for the last 6 months it's not connecting when we down stairs or up stairs I am.having to switch it off at wall & reset the router thernothing around the router or close by it that can cause any problems & gets to h...

router ceased to work wirelessly

Router hub works when connected by ethernet cable but ceased to work wirelessly a few days ago. Have tried re-booting after half an hour but does not work.Any suggestions?

Querty12 by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband not working

I reported a fault with my broadband connection yesterday. Apparently an engineer was his way at 1050 yesterday morning.

Wayneq55 by First Timer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

No internet, orange light on Wi-Fi box

I’ve had no internet since yesterday. The light on the Wi-Fi box has been solid orange and I’ve tried everything to get it to work but still nothing. Even tried resetting the Wi-Fi box but that doesn’t work either. Can someone please help?

rakbar17 by First Timer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 like

No internet

Hi,Over 24hrs ago my Internet lost connection on all devices and still not working and the router is just constantly flashing orange. Rebootinf and things hasnt fixed the issue.

Poor signal due to area

I have boosters etc and my main router is the worst as far as signal and it's likely my location. It London but somehow being close to the main road makes it hard, I tried many networks and no chance. What would you suggest I get to improve signal fo...

Turn Off Wi-Fi Optimisation

Could Wi-Fi Optimisation please be turned off again on my TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub (Sagemcom Fast 5364) so that I can set the Wi-Fi channels manually. I had to reset the router so lost the existing setting. Thanks. Having a simple toggle switch in the firm...

R2223 by Conversation Starter
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

Can I turn off device access

My router is a HW633... I want to block a specific person from using the internet on their laptop after 11pm until 9am. Is there a way to block the mac address or the IP address for a period of time?

Daily internet dropouts at very specific times.

Hello, My internet drops out at 13:55 and 19:55 daily for a few seconds. It's not a long time but I work from home and this causes important work calls to cut out etc. if they're at these times. This happens on all devices, so it is not the device(s)...

LiamVxT by Team Player
  • 50 replies
  • 0 like

No lights on router

I just woke up and my router doesn’t have any lights, I tested the plug socket and that works but not the router.

Router not working

I've had my router of many years - it's an old type, black with with 4 green lights. From time to time it goes dead - all the lights go off and the internet goes down. I've checked that other electrical devices are working and and landline is live wh...

ttc12345 by First Timer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

Resolved! Router Security

I have a TalkTalk router and a wireless interface to a new heating system is being installed. The manual states that the router should have WPA2-AES security. Can you confirm?TalkTalk router

IMG_20240125_110930905.jpg
Rich57 by Conversation Starter
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Desktop computer will not connect to the wifi hib.

My home desktop computer will not connect to the talk talk WiFi hub.What I have tried:On computer:- reset WiFi adapter.- reset Winsock and iP stacks.- uninstall and reinstall drivers.- bought a separate WiFi dongle adapter and try to connect, will no...

Changing NAT Type

Dear Community I need to change my NAT Type to open to optimise my online gaming experience. It’s presently set to Moderate, I assume by default. I have a Safecom FAST5364 router. Would be grateful for help in achieving this. Cheers Darren

Poor WiFi upstairs

HiI have a d link DSL-3782 router and although it's not a big house, we have a poor signal in one bedroom. Slow to open web pages even and can't do video calls or gaming.Do we need a newer router or a WiFi extender?Thanks for any help.

SM3000 by Popular Poster
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Hg633 firmware help

I have an HG633Hardware version: H.1.01Software version: v1.15t Where can I get the latest firmware?Thanks

drifto by Chatterbox
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

Wifi booster

I just joined talk talk service. I need a wifi booster as my router is not enough for my property. Where can I ask about this issue?

New Router

Hello, I have been with Talk talk for approx 11 years. In this time they have updated my router once. Please could someone explain how I get a new one. Also meanwhile while waiting please can you send me an upgrade of the firmware for my aging thank ...

JDupre by First Timer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

router issues

My router has been having issues for a few months now and lately the issues seem to occur more often. Connection drops at random times, or the connection is very week. Even the led light on the router has been permanently off for months. The Talktalk...

Router webpage does not recognise router name or passwod

I have been having recurring wifi and internet outages. I have tried to access the router, but the webpage rejects the name I had changed it to and the original name. I am using the router password - not the wifi password. I have just reset the route...

mackerel by Chat Champion
  • 157 replies
  • 0 like

ROUTER LOGIN

I cannot login to my router using the computer but can do so on my phone. Both are connected by WIFI. Any suggestions?

scotty51 by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like