cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Resolved! Line fault however marked as fixed

So on the 24th i had a sudden drop in speed to which i did a line check, lo and behold there seems to be a fault with my line so a ticket was created and i was told an engineer would come round. Obviously i didnt expect anyone over christmas but on t...

zephyrX1 by Team Player
  • 12 replies
  • 0 like

internet speed

Hi how do I increase speed of broadband as it is about 3? Thanks!

julie789 by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Speed - or lack of it

They keep saying I'm getting 67 Mb/s, which is what I supposed I was paying for, whereas every speed test I do registers around 40. I've chatted with them about this and they keep saying online that 40-ish is fine. Am I doing something wrong? Are the...

speed

My download speed of my device is only13Mbps although talktalk says 49Mbps. I have superfast Fibre Broadband.

Krishna2 by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Upload speed only 0.67mbs

I have tried to get help on the 'chat' service, but to no avail. They could not comprehend the difference between internet speed and WiFi (which we have no issues with). They insisted on sending a WiFi booster, which they assured me would make a diff...

Trying to contact Talktalk

Trying to phone Talktalk via the 03451720088 number and it doesn't even ring let alone get answered, I need to cancel my service and with no other way of contacting them I feel I'm just going to have to stop all payments.

False positives, fake speeds & chewy pasta

So Live Chat doesn't work, fault tests think everything is fine. You can't view ongoing previous issues because it doesn't load.Router reports 21MB speed but every speed test reports 8MB or less (Wired and no other devices on the network)Coincides wi...

Upgrade options

Recently I had a TalkTalk agent at the door talking to me about upgrading to full fibre. I wasn't able to really chat with him for long as I was just leaving the house. I told him I had FTTP installed last year, but I hadn't upgraded to a Full Fibre ...

Broadband connection issue after engineer visit

Your TT engineer visited earlier attending a fault with very poor download speeds and intermittent connection. He replaced the master socket and informed me I had ‘bridge gap’ problems. On leaving I asked about speeds and he said he tested the line a...

IMG_5158.png
BevTalk62 by Conversation Starter
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Random Ping Spikes even with wired ethernet

Hi, i keep getting high latency when gaming. I've ran a pingtest and it goes from 17ms stable and spikes to 100ms+ randomly. I was wondering if i can get some help on this thanks.

0wenb by Popular Poster
  • 13 replies
  • 0 like

Not getting guaranteed speed.

Good afternoon.I think there maybe an issue with my router.The wifi has become poor, the router disconnects often and the my speed is 6mbps.I have done the tests as per website but issues remain and the connection is extremely unreliable.Please can s...

redjack by Conversation Starter
  • 17 replies
  • 0 like

BBand speed fallen well below 21.5 Mb/s guaranteed speed

Hi, BB speed fallen to 15-16 Mb/s and there is a buzzing noise during conversation on my telephone line. The router has been reset and the line noise is present with a phone plugged into the internal master socket (with router disconnected)! The BB s...

exBT2 by Conversation Starter
  • 50 replies
  • 0 like

Line Problem 30.10.23

Last night, in fact very early morning, about 30 minutes after I'd shut down my PC I noticed that my router's LED was flashing indicating it had disconnected and was reconnecting. I fell asleep before that happened.  All looked OK next time I checke...

Slow broadband speed

After yet another test on my long standing problem with low broadband speed I contacted tech chat line who as always are very polite.William responded and went through a check. He suggested a new offer on a faster service. I explained that before a n...

Throttle Bandwidth Control

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub, version SG4K100174 I have a list of Ethernet and WiFi devices on my network with MAC filters. We have someone staying with us currently. Whenever they're downloading many GB of Xbox games, it's slowing down the speed of the entire...

Constant disconnects after free upgrade

Hello Team,We were given an upgrade over the last few days and an engineer attended my house to fit a new socket and new router. Since this has happened, my download speeds has gone from stable 9Mbps to now unstable 80kb.... and periods of no interne...

liam007x by Popular Poster
  • 19 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband connection has dropped from 12Mb to 5mb

Hi, A few days ago, my usually stable connection dropped a couple of times. On restarting it would connect at 5Mb. Today on a re-boot its connected at 8Mb. However it used to be solid at 12Mb with about 10Mb recorded on speed tests. Right now I'm get...

vital1 by Team Player
  • 14 replies
  • 0 like

incorrect speed showing from TalkTalk

Since I renewed my contract my broadband speed is very poor and below the guaranteed minimum (refund please)If I was getting the speed shown I would owe you money!SEE ATTATCHMENTS PLEASE I use openspeedtest.com and now, Sunday at 6pm good down speed ...

Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 17-41-22 TalkTalk - Service Status.png Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 17-41-22 TalkTalk - Service Status.png Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 17-42-21 TalkTalk - Service Status.png Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 14-03-06 TalkTalk - Service Status.png
werkit by Conversation Starter
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

Not getting the guaranteed speeds!

Hi, I recently had a fault on my line and an open reach engineer came out( he did not need to come into my home) I don't know if he fixed the issue as I never got a call from him saying the issue has been resolved ( even though he told me he would ca...

Whisper by Enlightened One
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

Internet drops and speed issues - unusable

Hi Team. I'm seeing slow downs again and multiple router reboots. Well below guaranteed minimum to an almost unusable speed and no stability. A router reboot nor factory reset will help. Nothing changed in the house. I am checking the speed/stability...

TimWN by Conversation Starter
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

Slow connection to server/temporarily not found

Hi there, I am experiencing a slow connection to server when accessing the internet, this is when navigating to various websites after the main browser search page (Firefox) is visible. The error message can sometimes be shown as 'server not found' o...

capers62 by Team Player
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband package upgrade on renewal

Hi all, I got a reminder prior to my Broadband renewal date on 14/09 this year that I can upgrade to Fiber 65, it said to click a link and confirm the change and that I would receive an email to confirm the package has changed for my renewal date. I'...

G-Fast 150 broadband

I upgraded to G-Fast 150 broadband on July 16th 2023 - Openreach made all the necessary connections but found that the router was not broadcasting a signal. He spoke to TalkTalk who said they needed to activate the service. Well after four days witho...

Neilash by Team Player
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like