cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Intermittent connection to server

Hi there, I am experiencing an intermittent network connection to the server which does, however, seem to correct itself after a few minutes. A typical sequence would be that a connection is briefly established when searching for a particular website...

capers62 by Team Player
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Internet does not work

Internet does not work even tho it says it’s connected and functioning on speed and stability test. This is week 2 Speed Internet is not working AGAIN

Adelel by Participant
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

internet breaking

Hi, My internet has been breaking from yesterday morning. Every half hour the router gets the yellow flashing light and internet stops working. After 5 minutes the light goes green again and the internet is fine. Its difficult to have conference call...

Random Ping Spikes even with wired ethernet

Hi, i keep getting high latency when gaming. I've ran a pingtest and it goes from 17ms stable and spikes to 100ms+ randomly. I was wondering if i can get some help on this thanks.

0wenb by Popular Poster
  • 13 replies
  • 0 like

Not getting guaranteed speed.

Good afternoon.I think there maybe an issue with my router.The wifi has become poor, the router disconnects often and the my speed is 6mbps.I have done the tests as per website but issues remain and the connection is extremely unreliable.Please can s...

redjack by Conversation Starter
  • 17 replies
  • 0 like

Frequent Drop Outs - never an issue with BT

Hi, I have TT broadband via a Sagemcom-FAST5364 router. Connection speed has always been excellent as we live only 150 yards from the BT exchange. Since moving to TT we have been suffering frequent tempory drop outs which is a big issue for me due to...

Patchy connection

Hi I would be most grateful if you could check out my line and router. I've been experiencing dropped and slow connections, no service etc. Even alexa losing connection with audible books! I've changed to this router and things seem better but would ...

Divsec by Community Star
  • 27 replies
  • 2 like

Router slow and bottlenecking

Hi there, We have a very old router, a HG633. Over the past 6 months it has slowed down considerably. Rebooted, reset to factory, changed cables, nothing has helped. Gaming has become worse over the last 6 months, ping has risen by over 15 on every s...

ZeeKz by Team Player
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

Constant disconnects after free upgrade

Hello Team,We were given an upgrade over the last few days and an engineer attended my house to fit a new socket and new router. Since this has happened, my download speeds has gone from stable 9Mbps to now unstable 80kb.... and periods of no interne...

liam007x by Popular Poster
  • 19 replies
  • 0 like

Internet drops and speed issues - unusable

Hi Team. I'm seeing slow downs again and multiple router reboots. Well below guaranteed minimum to an almost unusable speed and no stability. A router reboot nor factory reset will help. Nothing changed in the house. I am checking the speed/stability...

TimWN by Conversation Starter
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

G-Fast 150 broadband

I upgraded to G-Fast 150 broadband on July 16th 2023 - Openreach made all the necessary connections but found that the router was not broadcasting a signal. He spoke to TalkTalk who said they needed to activate the service. Well after four days witho...

Neilash by Team Player
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

DSL appears to be dropping several times a day

My connection has been pretty solid since upgrading to 35Mbps but recently it has started dropping several times a day. This is usually at really inconvenient times (e.g. during important work calls). I can't say when exactly it started but has got t...

GrumpyGyt by Conversation Starter
  • 19 replies
  • 1 like

Connection keeps disconnecting/reconnecting

Hello, This morning I started to experience random disconnections and reconnections. It often seems as frequent as every 3-5 minutes. For the short time that it's connected the speed etc is great, but then it disconnects and fairly swiftly reconnects...

cotmire by Team Player
  • 14 replies
  • 0 like

Internet Fault

I dont know if anyone can help but I had an Opnereach Engineer on 27 June. He said the fault was under the pavement and they were going to have to dig it up. I heard nothing and I rang TalkTalk on the 3 July. An Openreach enegineer came out that day ...

hatos13 by Conversation Starter
  • 33 replies
  • 0 like

Constant loss of internet access due to "dead" landline?

On Tuesday and Wednesday last week my broadband started to constantly lose internet access for anywhere up to 5-30 minutes before regaining it, then from Thursday up until last night the connection was more stable in terms of staying connected but th...

EVANS16 by Chatterbox
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

Internet Dropping

Using Eero Mesh system Working fine for past 12 months but over the last few weeks the internet keeps dropping so the whole system goes down with no internet connection. Getting basically unusable internet now then as it constantly stops connectingPl...

Dondatta by Participant
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like

WiFi channel not "sticking"

I manually set my 2.4GHz wifi to channel 6, as most of my devices are in an area affected by a neighbours ch 1 router, which my router can't see, and therefore doesn't know it needs to avoid. However, I'm lucky if my manual configuration sticks for m...

Warpcoil by Participant
  • 27 replies
  • 0 like

Connection issues

Afternoon all,Having repeated drops with my internet.The disconnects only last from 30seconds to a minute at a time.(From solid white, to flashing amber before reconnecting)To give you a little example of just how often this is occurring I've been no...

Speed_1.png Speed_2.png
Luke_G by Participant
  • 26 replies
  • 0 like

New IP issues every few minutes

Hi all, I reckon there is a problem in my area and definitely with my connection.I have done the self-check and it resulted with a fault.Could you please investigate? Thanks.

SLIAssassin_0-1684947479694.png SLIAssassin_1-1684947515772.png

Ethernet ports on new router stopped working

HI there evrybodytoday the router developed an issue with the new sagem router after over a week of everything being fine. I can only now connect to the router wirelessly, ive reset numerous times ive contacted support numerous times with no resoluti...

Intermitent Wifi

Over the past week or so I've been having intermittent problems with the Wifi connection to my Talktalk super router. At seemingly random times throughout the day, my Wifi connection to all devices (PC, Laptop, Game console, phone, tablet) will stop ...