cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Cannot Connect to VPN using TalkTalk Router

Hi,I am currently using a TalkTalk router provided in September of 2020. Unable to connect to to my work VPN using the Microsoft VPN connection set up. I can connect to the VPN using a mobile hotspot or a Starbucks Wi-Fi for example, but cannot do so...

unable to connect to VPN

I cannot connect to my work VPN via my TALK TALK router.I can make this connection via a vodafone mobile hotsot. I have seen this is a problem for lots of your customers who have also lost this functionality. Is there a resolution for this??

Mcross by Chatterbox
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

VPN Connection

Hi I can't connect to my work's VPN - I understand that may need to make a firmware change to my routerYour assistance would be appreciatedMany thanks

vodkajo by First Timer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

VPN wont connect after firmware update

Recently switched back to my TalkTalk router after my Netgear one died. I work from home and rely on a VPN connection to do my work. It work fine for a while, then I guess the router picked up a firmware update, and now it won't connect. Iv been told...

Andy1989 by Chatterbox
  • 12 replies
  • 0 like

VPN Issues (urgent)

Hi, I had similar issues multiple times in the past and it seems to have happened again, exact same situation. I've just copied my previous message below as opposed to writing anything new: We recently had an issue with our router and the broadband l...

Remote desktop VPN connection not working

I use a remote desktop VPN connection to access my files and programmes at work when working from home. Up until about 3 months ago I could access this without issue. Since then I have been unable to connect. It is not an issue with the computer or r...

Netflix Seeing TalkTalk as a VPN

Hello, I just rebooted my router and Netflix won’t recognise my region now so it won’t show me the shows I usually have. I contacted Netflix and they said “There might be chance Netflix is recognizing your ISP as VPN/Proxy” after I told them that the...

VPN issue

Hi, I recently started using the new router that I have been sent but ever since, I haven't been able to connect to my works VPN. I have spoken to IT at work and they have told me that the VPN is all set up correctly but there must be an issue with t...

Tinahere by First Timer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

VPN Stopped Working

A VPN that I occasionally use for work has stopped working.Do I need a firmware upgrade? The router is currently running version SG4K100136.Also where have my old port forwarding settings been hidden? They still work but I can't find them.

VPN connection issue

Hi,I have been unable to connect to my work VPN using the built-in Windows 11 VPN. I have verified that I can connect to my work VPN when I try it via O2 or any other WiFi. It's only the TalkTalk connection I have at home which does not successfully ...

Zibby1 by First Timer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Fibre Broadband no internet

Good morning. Our fibre broadband keeps dropping out and saying 'no internet' even if we are connected to the WiFi. The light on the router is white static. My phone and TV are the only devices in the house that can connect, but even then it's slow. ...

Kazp_1 by Whizz Kid
  • 145 replies
  • 0 like

Can't Connect to Wotk VPN

I can't connect to my work VPN, and I can tell that the issue is to do with TalkTalk as it works fine when I hotspot from my phone.

Unable to connect to VPN

Hi My vpn connection is not working. It has been fine since last year when I had the same problem. Karl kindly sorted this for me. Please can this be done as soon as possibly. Thank you D

Dopey3 by Chatterbox
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

TALKTALK VPN ISSUES

My wife works from home on fridays and noticed that after she was disconnected as sometimes happens, her vpn phone line has stopped working which it has never previously done , it will now only ring once and then cuts off, her company has checked the...

PJCross by First Timer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

VPN connection

Hi,After a system update, I realized I am unable to connect through PPTP to my VPN server.The TalkTalk router's firmware version is SG4K100136 . Is there an update available and do you think you can upgrade this firmware on my router?Thank you very m...

Radus by First Timer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Unable to connect to VPN with new router

Morning, We've had a new router installed and I'm unable to connect to my work VPN (this happened with the old router but was resolved). Please could you resolve similar to last time? Cheers

CKan1 by Chatterbox
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Can't connect to VPN

Everytime I attempt to connect to my VPN, I get the following error message: The VPN connection between your computer and the VPN server could not be completed. The most common cause for this failure is that at least one internet device (for example,...

Victor57 by First Timer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

VPN CAN’T CONNECT

Hi, I’ve recently received a laptop to start working from home and I can’t connect to the VPN server. I get an error message that says “The VPN connection between your computer and the VPN server could not be completed.” I know it’s an internet issue...

VPN Issues (Urgent)

Hi, I'm just going to copy the same issue from Monday and the previous Monday, is there a reason why this keeps happening? ''Hi, I had similar issues last Monday and it seems to have happened again, exact same situation. I've just copied my previous ...

Slow speed via NordVPN

I have a vpn on my firestick when I use Netflix or Amazon video my films buffers. Is this Talktalk choking the speed or something else thanks

will121 by Participant
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

VPN Issues (Urgent)

Hi, I had similar issues last Monday and it seems to have happened again, exact same situation. I've just copied my previous message below as opposed to writing anything new: We recently had an issue with our router and the broadband line that was de...

VPN connection dropping

Hi, Similar to many other posts, e.g.: I've been using an HP laptop and TalkTalk's Sagemcom router to access my company's VPN for a long time working from home with no issue. In the last few weeks it's starting randomly dropping the connection from t...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 18 replies
  • 0 like

Using VPN to connect to an office network

I have been working from home without any problems then 1 day when I tried to use the VPN to connect to the office network I get the following error message.The vpn connection between your computer and your vpn server could not be completed. The most...

VPN Issues (Urgent)

We recently had an issue with our router and the broadband line that was dealt with but ever since this I've had trouble using my works VPN. Our IT have looked in to it and suggested that a firmware update was down to our router remotely and may be t...

Issues with VPN

Hi i'm having the same issues as many others with connecting a work VPN like https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/VPN-issue/m-p/2923183#M844992I have changed laptops, restarted the router, removed everything else from the network, separated ...

JSCL24 by Team Player
  • 53 replies
  • 0 like