cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

My VPN has stopped working sin May 2022

HiI have been using the TalkTalk FAST 5362 and as of 5th May 2022, I am unable to VPN into my office. It was working ok until then, and on that day I lost the internet so called TalkTalk who advised me to reset the router, which I did and it all seem...

myerl by First Timer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

DG8041W not forwarding IPSec vpn traffic

Hi, I have a DG8041W with fibre 65 connection. I have a VPN server on LAN. I can connect to the VPN ok from the LAN. when I try to connect to the server from the internet the connection fails negotiation. I have allowed IPSec ports upd-4500 and udp_5...

dw07dal by Participant
  • 23 replies
  • 0 like

VPN not workin

Hi, In the last week I have been getting this message while trying to connect to works VPN "a connection to the remote computer could not be established so the port was closed" It has been working fine for over a year, I've just had a new router toda...

Resolved! Talk Talk Blocking Work VPN

Hi, I've been able to connect to my work VPN for years now and recently I cannot; other people can still connect fine but I am having issues. It seems like this is happening to a lot of TalkTalk members. Can you please resolve this for me, I have con...

VPN GRE not configured

I am having the exact same problem as faced in the thread below: When trying to connect to my office PPTE VPN through the Windows 11 built in VPN interface, I get the GRE not configured error. It works everywhere else, except my home TalkTalk network...

talktalk_vpn_issue.png
cxrqt1 by First Timer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

Work VPN connection not working

I have recently tried to connect to my work VPN on my laptop, which was previously working, but now receive this error message: "The VPN connection between you computer and the VPN server could not be completed. The most common cause for this failure...

Sagemcom FAST 5364 Router Issues - Firmware upgrade

Hello,I've been having problems with -1. Work VOIP phone has stopped working since - 02/05/22 - when the router had a firmware upgrade.2. Smart meter display stopped connecting to the internet3. Work VPN - As a lot of ppl have been saying in this for...

VPN Issues

HiI can see that this seems to be a common problem but I am having issues with my VPN, I cannot connect at all. I have checked with my IT department and all settings on my laptop are correct, can someone help check the firmware on my router please? I...

Nattyg69 by First Timer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

VPN issue

HI, I have been off work for a week and there was an update a week ago and now I can't connect to my work VPN. Can some help me please? Also I had no internet this morning and was speaking with someone on the support chat (from my phone) they asked m...

mkayy by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Can't access VPN since last week

Hi there! I have been unable to access my VPN since last week and have seen some others have had similar issues - the problem being a firmware update to their router? I can access using other locations. Please can someone look into this for me?Many t...

ArchSB by Popular Poster
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

VPN issue

My partner cannot connect to her work VPN, I believe that there is some software issue, can the firmware be updated please

Bryn72 by First Timer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

VPN WhatsApp and Firewall Issues

Sagecom WiFi hub. Firmware ending in 136 Adding my query/comment to the growing pile of similar on here Since Monday 2 May work VPN does not connect, nor Bosch EasyControl thermostat. WhatsApp “thinks about it” before displaying messages, and similar...

ggttjm by Popular Poster
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

VPN Issue

Hi, Like it seems many other users, I am having the same issue as: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/VPN-CONNECTION-ISSUE-Generic-Routing-Encapsulation-GRE...https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/VPN-no-longer-working/td-p/2883303...

VPN no longer working

Hi,I am no longer able to connect to my work's VPN, other colleagues are not having an issue and other posts here saying that they are experiencing issues with their VPN suggests it is probably a problem with the router...Hardware version: FAST5364 3...

arakiiel by Chatterbox
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

VPN not working

Hello, It appears my work VPN is not working this morning in a similar fashin to several other posts listedUnable to connect to VPN - TalkTalk Help & SupportRe: VPN has suddenly stopped working after success... - TalkTalk Help & SupportRe: VPN not co...

Dazzamac by Popular Poster
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

VPN not connecting using PPTP

Hi there, I have been working from home and connecting to my work VPN for over a year now, however when attempting to connect this morning it would keep failing when it got to the verifying username and password stage. After talking to my colleague t...

clive108 by Popular Poster
  • 13 replies
  • 0 like

VPN No Longer Working

Hi I've been working from home for 2 years now and connecting to my work via a VPN line. Suddenly last Friday it stopped working. My work IT consultant has checked that everything is ok and because I can connect to my work via the VPN line if I use a...

lindag1 by Popular Poster
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

VPN not working at home

I am working from home and since last Friday I have been unable to access my work VPN. Our IT department carried out various tests and they have confirmed it is to do with the router and possible updates. Please can I get help to resolve this? My rou...

Ndonn92 by First Timer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

VPN Issue

Hi, I've been unable to access my employers VPN since Friday. I've not changed any settings and my employer advised the issue is likely with my Talktalk router - can you please help me with this?

VPN no longer working

I'm hoping you can help me please! Since the weekend, my VPN can't connect and my IT team have tested everything so they believe it's an issue with the TalkTalk router. I'm using a Sagemcom-FAST5364.It looks as though my router is running version SG4...

VPN Issues this morning

Hi there, just had a new issue this morning connecting to my work VPN (through the Windows 10 app), could someone have a look at this for me please? It was working fine yesterday with no changes my end.Thanks!

VPN Connection Stopped Last Week

Hi, My VPN connection stopped working over TalkTalk BB last week. Same problem with all devices / VPN is fine on other connections. Please assist.Thanks,Mark

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 33 replies
  • 0 like

Generic Routing Encapsulation - VPN

Recently been unable to connect to my work VPN, basically I have the same issue as per this link: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/VPN-connection-issue/td-p/2872768 please could you assist as I’ve seen you’ve solved this for a couple of ...