cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Absolutely Appauling Service and Lying about Cancelling Contract.

TJBT9523
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Good evening. 

I cancelled my contract on 31st March, with my final bill being paid in April. However, I received an email earlier this month with another bill, saying that I will be charged again 10/05/23 when I haven't used the service in over a month. I was told in the phone call that my service would be stopped, and my final bill would be in April, with no further payments. 

However, on live chat this evening, I was told the following 'upon further checking here in our end and I can see here that your package which is the Fibre 65 (FTTC-OR) the copper line was still in active. The full fibre package which is the FullFibre package of fibre 65 data only was already cancelled on 2nd of April'. I cannot understand for the life of me why you have decided that I only wanted the full fibre part of my contract cancelled, when I was told that it was completely cancelled. And secondly, if part of my contract has been cancelled, why am I being charged exactly the same amount? Just baffling and I can't believe that I was lied to that my contract was cancelling when it blatantly hasn't. 

I've just got out of the live chat conversation with 4 separate people, being passed around for an hour with no one actually being able to help, just to be given a phone number. I would please like for someone to look into this and prevent any more payments as I do not want to be paying for a service which I cancelled and have not used for over a month. I will be taking this further and making a complaint. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi TJBT9523

Really sorry for the problems you have had. 

The agent in cancellations should have placed a cease on both parts of the service, this will be fed back to the managers within that department. The cancellation has been placed and will complete on the 17th a credit has been raised and a refund is now available via My Account.

Apologies again. 

Message 2 of 6

Thank you for your reply. 

It is just very frustrating when you make it clear you want to completely cancel your service, but then the phone operator conveniently doesn't mention that they haven't actually cancelled it, but rather one part of it.  Just very misleading that you are told it has been cancelled but you will still keep being charged. Thanks for your feedback though. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

Part of the problem may be that the "left behind" part of the service, i.e. the copper landline, wasn't charged as an extra but would be part of your original service, and if the Full Fibre was one of their "free upgrades", cancelling it wouldn't actually stop the bills which are linked to the phone number, @TJBT9523.

The phone number identifies the account.  

But not making excuses for them ..... the agents should be trained to handle all the variations of accounts out there.

Staff are back on here during the day. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 4 of 6

Thank you - just added. 

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

If you would like the support team here to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes