cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Account messed up by customer services agents

Constellation
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 26

How am I able to speak to residential accounts department IN THE UK after 2 long tedious call with CS the situation was made worse. Can anyone supply me with a free telephone number please.

Constellation
0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 21 of 26

Hi Arne,

On 27/2/24 you requested more info as to what was wrong.

I did reply to that post on 27/2/24, it is now 14 working days & as yet I have had no further response, not even an acknowledgement of receipt of the info.

Could you please confirm that this matter is being looked into & give me some idea as to progress.

To confirm - during the conversations with CS at no time did I request a change of service, in fact I kept stating that (at the time) I wished to remain on Full Fibre 65. At present I still have that speed but am now being charged £44.95 as if I was on fibre 35 + £5.00 for Supersafe boost instead of £28 as it should be.

Constellation
0 Likes

Message 22 of 26

Hi Arne.

I was on Fibre 35 via FTTC.
I received an email stating Full Fibre was available so rang CS to see about transferring.
I asked for Fibre 65 but was told that it was data only & I would lose the landline.
I stated that I needed to keep the landline & was them told I would have to order Fibre 150 so I opted for
that.
I said that from the information I had seen on the website that it was not made clear that it was data only &
so was told I could have SuperSafe Boost FOC for the duration of the contract. Total cost would be £28.
So I agreed to that.
I was given a date for installation & opted for PM.
I received a confirmation email confirming a different date & an AM appointment. No good. Rang the
number on the email & was told the initial was only a guide. A different date was agreed but to be a few
days later but at least PM.
Subsequently received an email asking me to confirm I was still available, replied ‘yes’. Then another,
replied ‘yes’, the a third one. So, I rang the number to confirm availability & the guy looked up the details &
said he was a bit confused as there were 2 orders for my address, 1 for Fibre 65 & 1 for Fibre 150, so I told
him what had been said & asked him to cancel the Fibre 65.
Then I received in the post an eero 6 & a DVA with a bag to return my router. (Only supplied for 150 &
above I now know)
The installation happened with no problems & I eventually sussed out how to connect all internally, system
working, ran a speed test which registered about 70Mb/s download. Tried again after a few days thinking
the service would have settled but it was still about 70 Mb/s.
Having made further enquiries with CS I was told that the landline would still work on the copper
connection. Sure enough it did.
Everything was working OK so decided to leave it at that thinking the agent had cancelled the wrong one & I
would be on Fibre 65 at £28 pm.
First bill arrived stating Fibre 150 as the service but at £28, so expected it to change at some point.
I was quite busy at the time so it waited quite a while.
Eventually I decided to ring CS to get the detail on the bill to Fibre 65 to reflect the service I was on.
WHAT A MISTAKE.
A long & tedious call on a slightly less than perfect connection but eventually seemed to get it sorted.
But the bills continued to state Fibre 150.
One wet & miserable day I was looking all around My Account website & found the ‘Test my connection’
area Ran a test, & it came up with a fault. Rang the phone number listed, the engineer tested my
connection & stated it was perfectly OK. I then asked him if it had indicated a fault because it was expecting
to see a 150Mb connection, after hesitating he said ‘err yes that would be it’. Told him about the original mix
up & he said he would get the billing change to Fibre 65. This was end of Jan / early Feb 2023
Nothing happened.
Then May 23 I received a bill for £94.32 showing a service of Fibre 35 with SuperSafe boost at £5, also
including backdated amounts for Fibre 150 reversal to Fibre 35 from 3rd Feb.
Naturally I rang CS as soon as I could (8th May) to get this sorted. Explained it to the agent who eventually
said as it was not my fault she would get it all corrected. The resulting direct debit on 15th May was £30.04,
still £2.04 over charge. I kept stating to her that the service I had & wished to continue with was Fibre 65, all
I wanted was for the bill detail to reflect that.
Well, the call dragged on & on, but I least I was told that the cost would continue at £28, no it would actually
be less at £24.50.
I was transferred to another ‘department’ & went through it all again, eventually being told that landline on
copper was no longer supported - ??? – landline still works!
Eventually she said she would transfer me to the ‘Copper department’ – the connection went totally silent –
after nearly 10 minutes of nothing, having already been on the phone for over an hour & being thoroughly
frustrated I gave up & ended the call.
On 4/7/23 the bill detail changed to ‘Landline Service’ at £39.95 with SuperSafe Boost at £5, also Fibre 65
Data only Reversal -£19.12, & Fibre 65 Data only £19.12. ????? Total £44.95 but a DD taken of £34.50.
Next 2 bills were £34.50 with DD 34.50, then 3 bills at £44.95 with DD of £34.50, then Jan24 bill £34.50
with DD of £34.50, then Feb24 bill £32.00 with DD of £32.00. All stating ‘Landline Service’. All but 1 of these
should credit notes.
Any guess as to what the next bill & DD will be?
The contract started on 25/2/22 but the installation, due to the mess up with dates, did not take place until
early March 22.
Looking on My Account it shows my package as Fibre 65, yet I recently received an email referring to
renewing my Fibre 35 package ?????
As my contract has now passed the expiry date, my calculations tell me I have been overcharged by
approx. £78.94 all courtesy of CS agents refusing to listen to what I was telling them & acting on it correctly,
causing me to suffer 2 long, tedious & frustrating telephone calls.
You may be wondering why it has taken me so long to try to sort, well after those 2 calls I could not face
another so kept putting it off. However, I have now found sufficient enthusiasm to get this sorted in the
meantime trying to find phone numbers so that I could speak to someone in the UK.
Going forward I would like to stay with Talktalk even though there are some cheaper deals out there.
Having looked at the website I see that Fibre 65 & Fibre 150 are the same price so if this CS caused mess
can all be sorted out & me refunded the overcharge, I would prefer to go on to Fibre 150.
Hoping you can sort this for me.

Constellation
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 23 of 26

Hi Constellation

Can you give us more information as to what is wrong?   

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 26

Calls to TalkTalk from a TalkTalk number are free.

How you get to speak to someone in the UK is tough unless you make a formal complaint, then the CEOs office staff will be a point of contact.

Staff here will be able to look into this for you next week (they work normal office hours) but everything here is done via forum posts. They cannot phone customers.

If you'd like to explain what the issue was and what has happened they will get back to you.

You are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
You can also add your account number in the private notes field, which only you and the support staff can view.
Please post back when done.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 26

Looks like you need to ask for the Customer Services Billing Team. You may not get a UK agent but you can ask for your issue to be escalated to a manager and if still not resolved to the CEO office agents that are in the UK.

LiveChat and TalkTalk contact information

When to contact TalkTalk? - select and scroll to see contact availability times

TIP - Pause tracker blocking in the browser, ad-blockers and similar blocking software to avoid conflict with the operation of chat messaging.

Landline calls to Customer Services on 0345 172 0088 are free from a TalkTalk home 'phone but otherwise are at a standard landline call rate.

Mobile calls to Customer Services on 0203 441 5550 may be free if included in your mobile calls allowance. Text Relay Service is 18001 then 0345 172 0088.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution