cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Calls Boost Ending before FTTP contract.

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 81 of 81

I agreed to an FTTP upgrade (18 month’s duration) on the 26th November 2021 which also included a calls boosts package. There was then a delay in the FTTP installation which appears to have created an imbalance between the end dates of the two elements. As a consequence I’m concerned about call boost charges being applied for this interim period.

I’m seeking to synchronise both elements with TT or an alternative provider. Therefore, can you please confirm;

1) Call boosts can be removed via ‘My Account’.

2) The earliest point where I can end the FTTP portion of my TT contract without incurring costs?

Thank You.

0 Likes
80 REPLIES 80

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 81

Thank you @Arne for investigating this.

I eagerly await the corrections to My Account.

Benny.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 81

Hi @benny55

It looks like that the second billing account hasn't cancelled, so  I have logged this as a fault to the billing team, just to confirm you are on fixed price plus meaning no in contract increases, My Account is showing different because of the other account once that is closed it should sort itself out, 

Sorry for the confusion.

0 Likes

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 81

Well,well,well, just when I thought things couldn’t get any worse I have now received my first bill since the change of contract and I haven’t got a clue as to how TT arrived at its total £79.28.

It would appear charges are being applied for both the old and new service plans; furthermore, I’m also being billed for cancelled call boosts.

At the risk of repeating myself I really do wish I hadn’t cancelled my original planned transfer to Vodafone.

Benny.

Edit. A further analysis of the bill suggests the calls boost is probably correct, however, for some unknown reason I’m being double changed for my broadband service.

Benny.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 81

Hi benny55

I'm glad to hear that the ONT has been properly secured, thanks for letting us know.

I will ask my colleague Arne to take a look at the account issues still outstanding.

Thanks

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 81

@Debbie-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi Benny

That's great 🙂

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Hi @debbie,

Engineer visited this morning (this time Openreach rather than contractor) so the ONT is now fixed using screws rather than double sided tape.

With that resolved it now leaves the contractual T&C issues still remaining.

Benny. 

Message 26 of 81

Hi Benny

That's great 🙂

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 81

Thanks Debbie,

That appointment is fine.

Benny.

Message 28 of 81

Hi benny55

Thanks for confirming this. We've arranged an engineer visit for Monday 03/07 AM (8am - 1pm) and requested that the ONT is secured properly to the wall.

If this is not suitable then please let us know ASAP (before 2PM today if possible) If you don't get back to us today then please can you ring our Faults Team to re arrange this visit, if needed.

Debbie

0 Likes

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 81

@Arne-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi @benny55

In relation to the ONT did you specifically ask the engineer not to drill,  as they are supposed to be fixed to the wall.

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk 

No, I didn’t express any preference.

The engineer just removed the original ONT and ‘stuck’ the replacement in the same location. Perhaps that whey it lackes adhesion. 

0 Likes

Message 30 of 81

Hi @benny55

In relation to the ONT did you specifically ask the engineer not to drill,  as they are supposed to be fixed to the wall.

Message 31 of 81

@benny55 

I have re-escalated this for you. 

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 32 of 81

What do I have to do to get some answers to the outstanding issues outlined in my last posting?

1) My ONT is still falling off the wall. (As stated earlier this is located in my hallway where small children have regular access)

2) The contradictions between the offer letter from 'Contract Retentions' and that of the A/C contract T&C's still exists.

Benny.

0 Likes

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 81

As this post appears to have become a little fragmented and is now lacking traction I’ve decided to summarise the current situation regarding resolved/unresolved issues;

• Wi-Fi Issues- resolved- following a router ‘reset’ it’s now been stable for four days.
  • VoIP service – resolved- now appears to be functioning.
  • ONT fell off the wall – unresolved- this is currently supported using Blu Tack, however, in the present heat that’s starting to fail.
  • New contract T&C’s – unresolved- these issues are still outstanding.

Pricing: My original deal was sold as ‘Fixed Price Plus’,   It states 'Once your contract ends, the monthly price for your Fibre 65 broadband plan will increase each year by the rate of inflation (the Consumer Price Index rate, published in January each year). For example, using the average CPI value for the past 3 years of 5.5%, this would mean your monthly price would increase by no more than £1.84'

Therefore no further increases for the duration of the contract.

The A/C version now states: The monthly price for your broadband plan will increase in April each year by the rate of inflation (the Consumer Price Index rate, published in January each year) plus 3.7%. For example, using the average CPI value for the past 3 years of 5.5%, this would mean your monthly price would increase by no more than £1.84.

Speeds: The original offer was base on ‘Speeds of the internet service and remedies’

You can look forward to an estimated download speed between 70.0 Mbps and 78.0 Mbps with a minimum guaranteed download speed of 55.0 Mbps and upload speed of 20.0 Mbps

The A/C version now states; Speeds of the internet service and remedies You can look forward to an estimated download speed between 3.58 Mbps and 6.65 Mbps with a minimum guaranteed download speed of 2.82 Mbps and upload speed of 0.44 Mbps We'll try to ensure you get the estimated speeds; however, we can't guarantee this. If, you're regularly getting significantly lower download speeds, please contact us so we can try to help improve your speed. If after 30 days following your reporting of the problem to us, your download speed still regularly falls below the minimum guaranteed download speed, you may cancel the service without penalty.

I would appreciate someone/anyone addressing these outstanding issues.

Benny.

0 Likes

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 34 of 81

@ferguson wrote:

Which you should be able to do once the switch has taken place. Plus you will also receive incoming calls on up to 5 mobiles registered with the app, pretty cool! Let us know how it goes. And of course, any issues, you know where we are.  🙂

Hi ferguson.

Struggling to find the option to activate the TalkTalk Digital Voice App. It should be under My Package & Add Ons,

but can't see it on my A/C. Can you help?.

Benny

0 Likes

Message 35 of 81

@Michelle-TalkTalk wrote:

Hello,

Thank you. Can I just confirm, is there not a bracket/clip that the ONT sits in on the wall? Would you like us to arrange an engineer visit for you to re-attach this? Just to advise that My Account can take a little while to update to reflect this change. In regards to the voice service, could you try the phone at the router again later this evening and if there is still no change then we can investigate this further for you.

Thanks

Hi Michelle,

I’ve now received an email confirming the changes to my service.

On viewing the details on My Account I’m surprised to discover the following discrepancies.

Pricing: My original deal was sold as ‘Fixed Price Plus’,   It states 'Once your contract ends, the monthly price for your Fibre 65 broadband plan will increase each year by the rate of inflation (the Consumer Price Index rate, published in January each year). For example, using the average CPI value for the past 3 years of 5.5%, this would mean your monthly price would increase by nomore than £1.84'

Therefore no  further increases for the duration of the contract.

The A/C version now states: The monthly price for your broadband plan will increase in April each year by the rate of inflation (the Consumer Price Index rate, published in January each year) plus 3.7%. For example, using the average CPI value for the past 3 years of 5.5%, this would mean your monthly price would increase by no more than £1.84.

Speeds: The original offer was base on ‘Speeds of the internet service and remedies’

You can look forward to an estimated download speed between 70.0 Mbps and 78.0 Mbps with a minimum guaranteed download speed of 55.0 Mbps and upload speed of 20.0 Mbps

The A/C version now states; Speeds of the internet service and remedies You can look forward to an estimated download speed between 3.58 Mbps and 6.65 Mbps with a minimum guaranteed download speed of 2.82 Mbps and upload speed of 0.44 Mbps We'll try to ensure you get the estimated speeds; however, we can't guarantee this. If, you're regularly getting significantly lower download speeds, please contact us so we can try to help improve your speed. If after 30 days following your reporting of the problem to us, your download speed still regularly falls below the minimum guaranteed download speed, you may cancel the service without penalty.

Why can’t things be straightforward??

0 Likes

Message 36 of 81
0 Likes

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 81

Thanks Chris,

I'm content to give it 24 hours to stabilise before altering any default settings. Incidentally the remaining devices have defaulted to Band 2 and don't exhibit any wi-fi issues. 

As for the ONT situation, whilst not desirable, I'll see if I can effect a temporary fix using Blu Tack. Long-tern it needs a permanent solution.

Benny.

0 Likes

Message 38 of 81

Hi Benny,

Wifi optimisation should put you on the most stable channel but if it's causing problems we can disable it. We can pass this over to our Future Fibre team regarding the ONT but would prefer to sort out the wifi issue first if possible

Chris

0 Likes

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 39 of 81

Thank you Chris.

After the on/off activity I now have a working telephone via the router.

So ‘My Account’ should soon be updated to reflect the revised agreed contract changes?

Just one observation, since the router has been switched back on the gremlins (noted earlier in this post) has returned to my laptop, intermittent losses of Wi-Fi. Checking on the Router device settings it’s defaulted to Band 1 (2.4GHz), can’t remember what the previous setting was when it worked flawlessly.

Also, it would be good to get the ONT fixed permanently to the wall.

Really appreciate all your assistance.

Benny.

0 Likes

Message 40 of 81

OK thanks. Could you switch the ONT and router off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. Could you let me know when you've done this.

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes