cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Can TT charge for non-return of my router?

Joncee
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I’m confused about this - I was sent a TalkTalk router when I joined TalkTalk several years ago. I used it for a while, then bought myself a new router but kept the other one as a spare. I recently changed to a new provider but TalkTalk keep asking me to send the original router back or I’ll be charged £50. The only problem is that now I can’t find it. But when I checked TalkTalk’s terms and conditions it clearly states that the router sent out on joining becomes the customer’s property, and it’s only if you later have the router replaced by TalkTalk (which I didn’t - I bought my own) that the replacement router is TalkTalk’s property. Am I right in thinking that TalkTalk aren’t entitled to charge me? Can anyone clarify this for me?  

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 2 of 6

Many thanks for your help!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi @Joncee

I will add a note to the account to stop any charges being applied. 

Regards

Message 4 of 6

OK thanks. That’s a relief to know. I’ve no problem with returning it if I can find it but we had a massive clearout last year so I think it probably went to recycling! 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

@Joncee, yes you are right, but Arne will need to make a note in your Account to that effect, and you will need to keep an eye on it. If a charge does pop up, staff can sort that too.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes