cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Cancellation Email not received

julesrenard01
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Hello,

Cancelled my contract on the 15th of August and I called again on Monday due to an email being sent not acknowledging the cancellation and another TalkTalk member re-read me the terms and conditions (that I was aware of) and promised to send an email confirming the cancellation within 90minutes.

It's been a few days now and nothing has come.

The last day of the contract is on the 31st of August 2023. Can I please receive an email receipt that my services will be cancelled after this date and a final bill will be issued?

Also I haven't received the "Return router" pack that was supposed to come on the 2nd of September.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 2 of 9

Hi Arne,

There is nothing to fix anymore. The router has been unplugged and is awaiting return (from the 2nd as discussed on the phone with your crew). There have been plenty of opportunities to fix the line when it first went down at the start of August, but right now it's like beating a dead horse.

Please send the return pack or give me an address where I can post the router back to you.

Thank you,

Julia

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

I understand your frustration,  the issue with the line has already been logged to order management team to work on fixing the problem.  Once the issue is fixed your account will be eligible for auto compensation.

Our complaints process can be found at the bottom of the page. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hello Arne,

Nope, no email received on any address (account or else).

Also I would like to raise a complaint with ombudsman - I am sure they'll be interested in a company charging clients even though they don't provide any services.

As I mentioned before, my telephone line has been cut since the 1st of August 2023 and I've had no internet since.

I've moved to EE 5G as they were the quickest to send me a router so I can keep working after being told repeatedly the issue is being worked on and the order is stuck in the system (16 days of waiting for a fix).

Thanks,

Julia

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi julesrenard01

The cancellation email was sent to a Gmail address on the account, have you checked your spam/junk mail folders, The account shows that the cease is due to complete on the 5/10/23. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

If you are already with another provider that uses the Openreach infrastructure for FTTC, your services must have been cancelled correctly, @julesrenard01.

Or did you move to Virgin or switch to full fibre? These use different infrastructure.

A bit more information is needed.

So all that is worrying you is the lack.of confirmation email? Also, staff can easily get a returns bag sent out for you to return the router. 

If the service stopped on 31st August the next bill should show a refund for any unused days. Keep the Direct Debit open for now as it's the simplest way to claim back money. Refunds appear in My Account, not directly to your bank account. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Due to non-providement of services since the 1st of August, I was told it would be only 7 days to put the contract to rest with the final day being the 31st of August. This happened on two separate (and recorded) calls.

I really don't want to be charged another month for something that is not working. I've had no telephone service or internet and had to go to a different provider so I can still keep working

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

@julesrenard01, the 30 days' notice would apply, so charges would be until mid-September. 

However, you were right to check and follow up on here. 

Your thread is in the queue for attention. 

I see that you did post back in August, but it was on an old thread and staff only respond to the original poster, so your comment was not picked up, sadly, at the time. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes