cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Cancellation fee

Olik87
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Please help, dealing with TalkTalk has been the worst customer experience I have ever had!

I originally signed up to talktalk fibre 150 package on the 20th of February with an install date of 2nd of March. 

On the 2nd of March, nobody arrived so I got in contact and was told there was an issue connecting me and there would be an update in 48 hours. There wasn't an update so I chased. I was again told that there was an issue and I can expect an update in 48 hours...this routine continued for 3 weeks, always with me having to chase, taking HOURS. 

Eventually I cancelled on the 20th of March having never recieved any sort of service. I spoke to a representative who told me there would be no cancellation charge.....I am now receiving letters and emails regarding a £175 cancellation charge for a service I never recieved!

How can that possibly happen? Talktalk, please fix this issue. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Olik87

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

@Olik87, Talktalk should have a recording of your call when you cancelled.

Talktalk has a propensity for sending out automated letters and emails. 

It's important that you don't post further before getting a response from staff. Each post delays the progress in the queue. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Olik87
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Gliwmaeden2, surely they can't charge a cancellation fee for something that was never provided. The reason I left was due to the constant delays, the fact I had to keep chasing them and they seemed completely incompetent. I have since moved to BT who allowed me to connect instantly to a hotspot and connection was the day they promised.

They also said that I would not receive a cancellation fee - so these email (even if they're automated) are concerning. I fear the rest of their process will also be automated and in a few days debt collectors will be notified. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

@Olik87, the cooling off period starts when you order:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

The cooling off period was long over when you cancelled, but you were promised no cancellation fees. However, it's not as though you had been able to use any services having not even gone live. 

(If you had waited longer, Talktalk would have had to compensate you for the missed appointments and days of delay, but unfortunately sometimes these delays just go on and on...)

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

The bill you have received may have been triggered automatically, due to being beyond the first 14 days. Staff on here can investigate, but you must complete your community forum profile details for them to identify your account. 

Add your Talktalk order number  /account number in Personal Information. Go via your avatar/name; settings; SAVE CHANGES. 

Your thread is in the queue for attention. Staff reply during the day, Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes