cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Cancelled the service, ordered from a new provider, got an email that I decided to stay with TT

Arsenii
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

2F631CCA-F7C1-406A-ADB6-242CF168EB6A.jpeg

Hey,

I have cancelled my TalkTalk service about 2 weeks ago.

Today I ordered broadband from a different provider.

Immediately after I got an email saying I decided to stay with TalkTalk.

What’s that all about?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 2 of 10

Thank you, I appreciate the clarification!

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 10

Hi @Arsenii 

I have checked your account and we received 2 cancellations types, 

The first was a cancel of the line and service, Placed by our cancellation team on the 6th May.  The second request was when your new provider asked to take over the line,  When this happened the 1st Cease request had to be cancelled to allow the take over. When it was cancelled this triggered the email you received.  

I can assure you that the new provider is taking over on the 6th June at which point your account with TalkTalk will cancel. 

Sorry for any confusion. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Yes but please phone TalkTalk again whilst recording to confirm the cancellation and also you can’t complain to ofcom, it is CEDR and you can only do this after receiving a deadlock letter (which is like finding a needle in a haystack) or after 8 weeks of disputes. You need this evidence as TalkTalk will not provide you with it 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Thanks for your insight!

I guess I’ll just cancel my direct debit and report them to Ofcom if they try something 🙂

0 Likes

TTarecowboys
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 10

@Arsenii 

I can see you have not had a reply which is no surprise. You are early in your cancellation journey with Talk talk. Unfortunately I have been battling them for over a year after rightfully cancelling. I cancelled multiple times and was told I was a liar and that they couldn’t retrieve the phone calls or chats I had with them. They will never send you a confirmation of cancellation for some odd reason. This is so that they continue their false billing practices. 

To avoid you experiencing the same negative impact TalkTalk has had on my mental health, my advice to you is the following:

Record / screenshot all communication, live chats and phone conversations with them including your request to cancel. Time and dates these. Phone them and ask if they can see your cancellation request on X date. 

Try to raise a complaint and ask for a deadlock letter although they will not put you through to the correct department or acknowledge your complaint and you will never receive the deadlock letter requested. During this time you will receive debt collection letters even though you are innocent. 

For the next 8 weeks you will continue to beg them for proof of cancellation for hours on end and feel like you are going insane. After 8 weeks since your first request, gather all of your evidence and complain to the omburdsman which is CISAS through CEDR. 

CEDR act as an independent regulatory body. They could see I had sufficient enough evidence and ruled in my favour and I received compensation, an apology and a promise of cancellation / no more bills. 

Unfortunately TalkTalk didn’t uphold their promise and I am still receiving more bills, so I have gone through the CEDR process again. This is the only way you will get some help instead of being made to feel like you are going insane. 

Good luck and I am sorry you are another victim of these deplorable business practices. 

0 Likes

Arsenii
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 7 of 10

Can I get some sort of a reply here, please?

0 Likes

Arsenii
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Thank you for your input.

Yes, I have received an email from the new provider, and I certainly haven’t asked to stay with TalkTalk.

I am okay waiting until Monday.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

@Arsenii, staff are not on here at weekends. 

Contact Talktalk directly:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Also contact your new provider to check whether they have received the order! Have you received any email from them?

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes