cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Cannot fix my faulty landline since Christmas - Waiting for an Openreach Engineer

Slick88
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 37

Hi all, 

Can anyone suggest a way forward to resolve my particular situation.   Prior to the Christmas break, we realised our copper based landline (separate from the fibre internet) was not working.  The phone handset itself rings but upon answering, it doesn't pick-up the caller.  We tried calling in via our mobile and when we pick-up on the landline, the mobile still continues to ring.  So we logged online and reached the technical support team chat and after a long process of  trouble shooting, unplugging the line, removing the junction box cover, etc, the technical team made an appointment with the engineer which does not need to enter the house to fix the issue.  Good I thought, it will get resolved soon!  I thanked the agent and wish him a happy christmas!

It is now 15th Jan and no working landline. It doesn't even ring now when we tried to call in! No emails or calls either from TalkTalk or Engineer!  So I logged on and contacted the technical team via the chat and even though we gave her our reference number, we still had to go thru the troubling shooting process again.  As you have guest, same outcome, after nearly 2hrs on the chat an appopintment has been made to the Openreach enigineer who will investigate and resolve the issue.  It is now 29th Jan and still nothing, no TalkTalk email or a call from the Engineer. I have been paying for a phoneline service for the past couple of months without a working landline!

I am loathed to contact the tehcnical team and to go thru the same process!  Has anyone out there got any suggested on how to resolve this matter?

Kind regards from a frustrated TalkTalk customer!  

I am one with the force and the force is with me.
0 Likes
36 REPLIES 36

Message 21 of 37

Hi Chris

Anytime, we can accommodate.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 37

OK thanks, could you just let me know when you can be available for the engineer visit and I'll book it for you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 23 of 37

Hi Chris

Confirmed - please arrange an Engineer to visit.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 37

Hi Slick88,

Thanks for trying that. If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit  can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 25 of 37

Hi Chris

Connected the mirco-filter and it's still not working.  The line is dead!  Please arrange an engineer to visit and investigate further.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 37

Could you try connecting the telephone with a micro-filter, if it's then still not working we'll need to arrange engineer visit to investigate further

Chris

0 Likes

Message 27 of 37

Hi Chris

Yes, same handset - not changed!

0 Likes

Message 28 of 37

And it been working previously with the same handset?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 29 of 37

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-15 at 14.48.32.jpeg

0 Likes

Message 30 of 37

Hi Chris, yes, last time with the technical team chat, I unscrewed the cover plate of the test socket and plugged my phone but still no dial tone. It was completely dead. 

0 Likes

Message 31 of 37

Line test is passing, have you tried connecting your telephone to the test socket - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 32 of 37

Line test is passing, have you tried connecting your telephone to the test socket - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Slick88
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 37

Hi Chris - Dead as a door nail.....

0 Likes

Message 34 of 37

OK thanks, and you can't call out either?

0 Likes

Slick88
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 37

Hi Chris - no dial tone at all.....

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 36 of 37

Hi Slick88,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Just to confirm, is there a dial tone on the line or is it dead?

Chris

0 Likes