Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of ownership

patgc
Whizz Kid
Message 17 of 17

Have been with TT  for Home phone and broadband since the beginning and am trying to change my online account from husbands name to mine due to illness.

Requested Change of Ownership form and DD mandate, all filled in and returned. Recieived confirmation of the change from TT and instructions to register the new account. Have tried about 10 times to do this but it will not accept my TT.net email address. Says its already registered to another account.

Phoned help and they couldnt sort it out so have escalated it.

Any suggestions

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

patgc
Whizz Kid
Message 1 of 17

Thank you for nothing TT. You have been no help at all since I changed ownership of the account and subsequent passing away of my husband. You have made a very hard time even harder with your inability to help me. I have messaged, private messaged,  given all the details asked for, phoned, all to no avail. Nobody followed up my query  and never answered the private messages that were sent to me and replied to by me

I have finally after wasting hours and hours managed to sort out access to my new account myself.

So thank you for making me so stressed and angry.

Message 2 of 17

Hi patgc,

Could you send over the account details using the following link? https://smm.page.link/qg77EAidht1dW7QV9

We’ll need the landline or account number and two characters from the telephone password (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Setting-up-your-telephone-password/ta-p/2205212). After this we’ll be able to talk about things in more detail.

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hi patgc,

I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Have sent you a private message so we can look into the Change of Ownership issue for you.

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Yes I have a number to ring on Monday, but as the account is now in my name already dont think they will be much help.

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 5 of 17

Hi @patgc firstly so sorry for your loss, your husband was well known in the community and we will miss him.

@Arne-TalkTalk and @Karl-TalkTalk will pick up on this on Monday for you and do all they can to help you. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 17

Hi @patgc I am so sorry to learn of your loss. Did Live chat not guide you to the bereavement team at all? Unfortunately they are not available over the weekend.

Neither are the support team here I'm afraid, but I have re-escalated this for you and they will respond as soon as they can next week. 

patgc
Whizz Kid
Message 7 of 17

I thought my change of ownership from my husband to myself was sorted but its not. I cannot access either my new account or my old account. Have tried Live Chat who were no help. Doesnt recognise either my TT email or my gmail email. 

Have tried every combination of address and p/w and nothing works. My husband has passed away now and TT is making a very hard situation even harder. Can somebody please help me. I am trying to sort out things that need to be done and am getting nowhere.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi patgc

I have removed the paper bill charge. 

Regards

Message 9 of 17

Thanks for your help Arne-TalkTalk. Think its working ok now.

Not happy that I have been charged for a paper bill on my 1st bill. I havnt even received one and not my fault that I couldn't register.

Have changed it to Online Billing but its a bit of a cheek really.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

I can see that the primary address has now been changed back to your TT.net address. 

Message 11 of 17

Nice one @Arne-TalkTalk thanks for taking this on.

D

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hi @patgc

Log into My Account, go to My Details at the top then select Login details from the drop down menu, and you can change your primary email address back to your TT address by clicking on the dot next to your preferred address.

Any problems let me know. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Have managed to register the new account name by  making a new email address with GMail. I really dont need another email address and would like to continue using my TT address. How do I go about this please?

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 17

Hi @patgc 

Once you have managed to register, the back office team can move your TT.net address to the new account so you will still be able to manage it. 

Regards

patgc
Whizz Kid
Message 15 of 17

Ok, thanks for that, will try and have a go at doin g this and see if it will work.

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 16 of 17

Hi @patgc sorry to hear about your husband hope things improve for you.

Could I suggest that you make a new email account altogether? Gmail or outlook, both are free and portable (not reliant on TalkTalk or BT or any other ISP.)

If you have problems with that I'm sure we can help you out.