cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Charged for engineer visit when fault with TalkTalk router

Naomi04
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hello, we have exactly the same problem as outlined here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing/Charged-65-Engineer-Visit-charge-when-Engineer-diagnosed...

we are being charged an extra £75 this month because of a problem that was diagnosed by the engineer as a faulty TalkTalk router. We were sent a new router because of this, and have experienced no problems since.

we have been a customer since September 2018 which is when we were given the router

this is our third renewal, we have not been sent a new router at all in the past 5 years despite the renewals.

as outlined in the previous case, none of the sections in the Ts&Cs apply to our case either, the fault was with the router and not within our home. 

Taking this section by section:-

"We'll charge you if the Openreach engineer was unable to find a fault with your service" - He did find a fault with the service - it was with the Talktalk supplied router which he arranged to have replaced by Talktalk and which duly arrived two days later.

"or the fault was found to be related to a condition in your property or garden." - No fault found with property or garden - the fault was with the Talktalk supplied router, which Talktalk themselves replaced.

"Any faults related to your main phone socket may also incur a charge, as will issues caused by any personal devices connected to your line." - No issues were found with the main phone socket, nor were there any issues caused by any personal devices connected to our line. - this issue was with the Talktalk router.

"You won’t be charged for faults caused by Openreach equipment." - but I am being charged for faults caused by Talktalk equipment.

Obviously, for the reasons given above,  I disagree with the charge being added to our bill.

Can someone at Talktalk please look into this for me so that it can be resolved without having to go through the complaints route? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

@Sony123,

These charges are specific to the situation. 

Staff need you to start your own thread.

Please return to the message board and click on start a topic.

As mentioned in my reply to your thread from last month, staff are not here at weekends:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/My-broadbsnd-wont-work/td-p/3024835

You didn't follow up there. Staff might have been able to run tests to make sure that a visit from an engineer might not be necessary. 

You can keep track of previous posts in the Activity area of your profile.

It's helpful if you do complete your customer profile for staff to help you in these situations. 

Go via your avatar; settings....drop down menu: Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Sony123
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Hi  did yoh get this sorted

They are trying to charge me £75 too.  My router is fine. It seams there was an external fault that corrected itself. The engineer said the same 

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Naomi04

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes