cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Compensation due to loss of service.

craigie
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I have several times contacted TalkTalk concerning compensation for my 7-day loss of service in January 2023 due to a faulty router, on each occasion I have been promised that action is being taken but to date, I have received no verbal or written confirmation nor I have I been advised of the sum due.  I am at present in the cooling period of a new contract and considering my options in view of the current position. Please advise situation urgently.

4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5
0 Likes

imo_adj
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Same thing happened to us several times, contacted every time, was trying to work from home, they didn't care and assured me that I would receive an auto payment but it never came! Guess they also count on people giving up chasing them so that they can keep the money for themselves. 

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi craigie

It appears that a credit has now been applied to your account on the 27th Feb, you should be able to see it in My Account. 

Regards.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

@craigie, staff are unlikely to respond before Monday. 

Depending on which end of January you had the loss of service, it may take a week or two longer to calculate, but should show in your next bill.

Details of how the scheme works are here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

You'll see that if a fault starts on a Friday and is resolved the next Friday, you would qualify for 3 days.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes