cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Compensation for no show of an open reach engineer.

Message 14 of 14

£75 open reach charge even though speed improved after visiting the exchange.

i want to make a full formal complaint for the non attendance of the first appointment from open reach not attending my property and lieing saying they had and subsiquently charging me £75 as per the bill for that pleasure. I want to make a claim for that money back for my time lost for waiting in all day. Can you please advise how i can make a claim please. There was an obvious issue at the exchange as the speed imporoved so would like to know why ive been charged?

I feel very agrieved by not only the no show on the first appointment with no warning and having to put off lots of important things, also the time the engineer did come he spent telling me he couldnt believe why i wasnt on full fibre making me feel less than worthy of his presence shall we say. anyway i digress, debbie with her collegue arne will no doubt get to the bottom of the issues. The engineer had writen on the report he came to the house and i refused entry not knowing about the fault ?

Thank you to the talk talk team for your on going support

13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

The charge wasnt taken, as it was cleared before the direct debit was claimed.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Thank you Arne can you clarify what will now happen to the charge that has already been taken as per my last bill? will it be credited back to my bank acount.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi mockingbirdmedia

The engineer charge was removed, the auto compensation team will look into anything further, TalkTalk do not compensate for time, inconvenience etc as this can never be reasonably quantified.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Thanks furguson  i just wanted to give them a nudge to see if we were any further with my complaint.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

I have re-escalated this for you, bear in mind that the support team won't be back online until Monday. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi there arne can i have an update on my request please?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

And completed Arne thank you for your assistance.

Message 10 of 14

Hi Arne my sincere appologies i didnt see the direct message you sent for security comformation feel free to send again and will send the relevant info back as soon as i recieve it. The previous link is no longer valid 

Message 11 of 14

Hi @mockingbirdmedia 

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

Message 12 of 14

Thank your for your response ! i feel very agrieved that an engineer can say he visited a propperty then lieing on the paperwork saying he had been here to my address! Im sure Arne knows how to deal with this sittuation and leave the sittuation in their charge to deal with

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

@mockingbirdmedia,

If the charge was not valid, that can be sorted pretty quickly. 

The non show of the earlier engineer will take longer to process. You don't put in a claim - it should be covered by the automatic compensation scheme, but Arne may need to check that this has been clocked, as the engineer claimed to have turned up. So that gets more complicated. 

The scheme is detailed here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

The relevant non show compensation:

Screenshot_20230606-091006_Chrome.jpg

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.