cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Compensation

Se7enPsychopaths
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

Hi I was told to leave a thing here about compensation. I had some delays getting my Wi-Fi up and running between you guys and Openreach but all sorted now. I was advised a few weeks ago that they would sort some kind of compensation out for the trouble I’ll leave the Live Chat message on here if someone could look into this if that’s okay

IMG_1207.png
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi @Se7enPsychopaths

I can see that compensation has been applied to your account. 

You can request a refund via My Account. 

Regards

Message 2 of 16

Lovely thank you!!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Click on the original link I sent you, @Se7enPsychopaths. That details the compensation amounts for each category of failing. You should be able to calculate it from the number of days' delay. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

I would ask if you know how much is being offered? I never found that out 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Not a problem. If I can just be updated when there is one that would be appreciated

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Just a quick update, I've been informed that there is a slight system error on your account which is stopping the auto compensation team processing the credit that is owed.  It has been logged to the billing team to fix hopefully it will be fixed in the next few days and we can apply the correct amount.   

I will keep you updated. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Thank you very much. Do you know how long I should wait to hear back?? Just so I don’t come back too early. Want to give them enough time to check it

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hi Se7enPsychopaths

I have asked  the Auto compensation team to investigate,

Once the investigation is complete you will receive an SMS/Email.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Perfect thank you very much. Didn’t want to come back before the 17th but just hadn’t heard anything or had any emails or contact in regards to it so if that could be done that would be really appreciated thank you

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Re-escalating this for you, @Se7enPsychopaths.

0 Likes

Se7enPsychopaths
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 16

Hi I’m just contacting back as I was told to give it to the 17th March and if no word then contact back. I’ve had no word on the compensation that I was advised I’d receive. Been about 3 weeks so just wondering what is happening with this and when I may receive it 

IMG_1264.png

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Hi Se7enPsychopaths

Sorry you had problems. 

If you haven't received either an email or an SMS by the 17th March, please post back on this thread, and we can chase it up.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Details of the amounts payable in different circumstances are included in the link sent earlier. 

0 Likes

Se7enPsychopaths
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 16

Oh I see. I’m sorry to ask but have you any idea how much it’s meant to be? It was meant to go live on the 31 Jan 24 and then was activated on the 16 Feb 24. Just wanted to see if anyone had any idea of how much is to be given or if there’s any mention of it on my order. Apologies I’m not too bothered but just so I know what to look out for 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

@Se7enPsychopaths, the automatic compensation scheme takes around 30 days after the resolution of the issue. Details here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

0 Likes