cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Complaint raised - services disconnected early - loss of service

DLtthelp
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

Wondering if anyone has any experience or advice on what I should do with a live complaint I have unfortunately had to raise. 

The basics of the complaint are that I booked a home move over the phone to ‘carry over’ my services to my new property on 21 Feb (basically three weeks time from when I made the call on 31 January).  Not at any point did we discuss ending my services early in my current property and yes, you guessed it…..I came home that very same evening on 31 January to find my services cancelled and the line disconnected.  This has caused me no end of difficulty with work and a son living with me on a part time basis as well as the need to plan the elements of my forthcoming home move etc. It’s 100% a Talk Talk error and whilst I understand mistakes happen, I won’t just accept it as it is a huge inconvenience.

Clearly I’m unhappy and will be seeking compensation/refunds.  I have had to incur costs to run a mobile router (hardware, sim card etc) and have also paid Talk Talk for these days of broadband that they have taken away from me (31 January to 21 February effectively).

I have a live complaint (CMP-603843) and I received a phone call two days after the services ended with the feedback that it needs to be escalated to his line manager. So, my last contact from Talk Talk was on Friday.   What should I do?  Wait for that next phone call? The difficulty is that where I work I cannot have my mobile nearby so I’m very likely to miss that call.  If I miss a call can I call back and not get stuck in hours of menus and buttons pressing being passed around all over the place? Can I deal with it in writing (i.e. emails/chat) only? Anyone had a similar unrequested disconnection and had a satisfactory result from it?

All help/guidance appreciated.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

It's not unheard of for this to happen, @DLtthelp.

There is an auto compensation scheme which may apply:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

You may be quicker calling back on 03451 720088 to chase the complaint. 

Staff are not on this board every day, and cannot usually intervene while there's an ongoing complaint. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes