cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Cost to call the Home Office enquiries line

BroadbandHog
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Hello,

I will need to call the Home Office Citizenship and Nationality Enquiries team soon and I was wondering how much the call will cost?

Their number is 0300 790 6268 and (I think) costs 4p per minute + access charge. I've looked on the main site's cost checker and that does not find any band starting with "SC", so does that mean the call will only cost 4p per minute?

I'm trying to find out the call cost because the last time I called a government department, I was in a queue for about 70 minutes for a conversation that lasted 5 minutes (thankfully, that call was included in my plan).

Many thanks in advance,

BroadbandHog

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

@BroadbandHog, you will find that they are closed till Wednesday!

20231223_121554.jpg

I took a look at the government website and their estimated cost of a call per minute was "up to 16p", which is a terrible underestimate.

They do say to "check with your provider" ..... !

You can always check Talktalk's list of call types via the forum search engine, but this one really is just a normal Talktalk landline rate - you barely get 4 minutes for £1.00 these days.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Calls to an 03.... number are at 24p per minute, like 01, 02 etc, @BroadbandHog if calling from a Talktalk landline. 

If you have the Anytime Calls boost for UK numbers the first hour is free - but you would be starting at the back of the queue again if you need to redial, or you will be charged after that. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes