cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Disputing Cancellation Fee

agdbm79
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Recently, I made the decision to cancel my TalkTalk contract for Total Home Wi-Fi service one month earlier than originally planned. During the cancellation process, I took the proactive step of clarifying the penalty for early cancellation with a TalkTalk operator.

To my understanding, I was informed that the fee would be around £10.50 per remaining month on the contract, possibly with an additional nominal fee of £25 or £30 for an extra service I had.

However, much to my surprise and dismay, I received my bill only to find that it totals £186, with an exorbitant cancellation fee of £130! This is a significant discrepancy from what I was led to expect, and needless to say, I'm quite puzzled and concerned.

I'm aware that TalkTalk typically records customer conversations for quality and training purposes. As such, I've requested access to the transcript of the call where I confirmed my cancellation, hoping to shed some light on this matter.

Given the urgency of the situation, with the payment set to be deducted from my account at the beginning of next week, I'm feeling a bit stressed and anxious. I really need to resolve this matter promptly.

Has anyone else in the TalkTalk community experienced something similar or have any advice on how to dispute unfair fees like this? Your insights and suggestions would be immensely appreciated.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi agdbm79

I can see that the issue has been resolved, and a refund has been issued. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

I can't comment on your actual bill, only TalkTalk staff can do this, but this page details cancellation fees.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

It might be worth checking this and then give the Loyalty team a call to discuss.

Try phoning 0345 172 0088

Opening Hours can be found here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529#

Staff here may also be able to help if youd prefer to wait and see.

Unfortunately, once the bill has been processed it's not possible to change this, but if its incorrect and do negotiate a reduction, this will be credited to your account and should be refunded via your direct debit, so keep this active as requested on the cancellation page.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes