cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Equipment return

HaroldLarwood
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

I've recently had to leave Talktalk as there's no FTTP round here except with Virgin. I've had an equipment return bag with a very vague suggestion that my return should weigh 1.3kg.

This morning I thought I'd see if Customer Services could let me know what actually needs returning and what I own outright. Bad move, they didn't know. Or if they did, they weren't going to tell me. Anything that says "Talktalk" on its back apparently (which did get me wondering whether Dido Harding's got any tattoos). Still, at least I got an amusing transcript out of it - if they ever send it.

I've accumulated a fair bit of stuff over the years that says "Talktalk" on the back - more than one returns bag full. Most of it's of no use to anyone and I can recycle it locally (if I haven't already). Is there anyone from Talktalk here who can specify what I need to return to avoid the £50 fine or do I just guess?

Thanks

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

HaroldLarwood
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 13

That's great, many thanks Arne. I have had a follow up email (19th Dec) saying they still haven't had my equipment so there'll be a £50 charge, but hopefully you adding the info to my account will have done the trick.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi HaroldLarwood

I have added the tracking number to your account, you wont be charged.

Regards

Message 4 of 13

Arne won't be back online until Monday, but that tracking number helps. I am sure he will note your account accordingly. It's a shame that these messages keep coming regardless. 

0 Likes

HaroldLarwood
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 13

Hi Arne

Predictably I've had an email saying my equipment hasn't been returned and threatening a £50 fine. I've just checked the Royal Mail tracking number (XE963604081GB) and they say it was delivered on 25th Nov.

DD cancelled just in case.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

That does indeed help - many thanks Arne.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi HaroldLarwood

We would that you return the Latest equipment sent to you

D4Q8W18709907379  TV BOX
N7182984N003825 WIFI HUB

Hope that helps.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Thank you so much for putting my query in the right place. None of the forums seemed to fit, so I put it in the section that I thought fitted slightly less badly than some of the others.

"Now at least we have the information needed for staff to give you a reply". I don't know what they want returning so am a bit short of information myself. No one's going to object to returning a terrible router. For all I know they might want 3 historic routers and no TV boxes, which is fine by me. On the other hand they might want 2 TV boxes, 3 lengths of CAT5 cable and a pair of pliers they left behind by mistake. A few clues in the letter might have been helpful.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

You didn't mention your TV boxes in the initial post, @HaroldLarwood. Now at least we have the information needed for staff to give you a reply. 

Please look out for their response later in the week. 

I'll move this to billing as it is not currently in the correct section of the forum  - nothing to do with Broadband faults, just something for the Accounts department. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

HaroldLarwood
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 13

Not useful, that's about the level of response I had from customer services. I need an answer on specific equipment from a Talktalk representative. The last router's definitely being returned, but what else?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 13

Keep a certificate of posting from the Post Office for everything you return, as proof of sending. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

Staff can send you further returns bags, if needed, @HaroldLarwood.

You can't continue to use any Talktalk routers after you leave so there is no point in hanging onto them.

Further information here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Returning-your-TalkTalk-equipment/ta-p/2348381

0 Likes