cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Extension of Contract After House Move

Wellspokengent
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

In the last two years we've moved property twice and we were expecting our broadband contract to end in January this year, but it seems the act of moving has reset our contract even though we're on a lower speed internet with no change to the package since we moved last August. Please could you look to investigate this?

Thanks,

Charles

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Arne, it was done through the TalkTalk website homemove service. I didn't receive any additional hardware and actually have dropped down on my connection speed through each move as we've gone to areas where the max available speed was lower.

Thanks,

Charles

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

By taking out the new contract you avoid paying the £60 home move fee, @Wellspokengent.

In some cases the fee would work out the cheaper option rather than worrying about the timing / amount of the new contract.

Lots of maths, and sometimes you just won't know which is the better choice due to unforeseen circumstances etc.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Wellspokengent
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

What I struggle with is the fact that you can't change supplier during a house move without paying a penalty and then get tied into a new contract. It means I've effectively been locked into a contract that is 48+ months.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

Moving home creates a new contract each time.

Your emails at the time of moving should have stated this as does the website when you enter details of the new property.

My contract price increased at the change over and told me the period length as well.

Your contract end date will be shown in My Account.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes