cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Final bill

JakeP1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 27 of 27

Good evening,

After being a TalkTalk customer for many years I have decided to leave due to really poor wifi issues that has been going on for some time. 

The issue I have is with my final bill which is £118.54. I have seen the breakdown of the bill and its a little confusing.

fibre 25 until 7th July £14.29 < this part is fine as that is me paying for the service that I have used my account should be closing on the 4th July.

fibre 25 8th July - 24th July £20< this is odd seeing as my contract with you is ending on the 4th July so why would I still be paying for this.

Add ons unlimited landline calls £8< this has always been free on my account ( not that i have ever used the home phone, we don't even have one) so again not quite sure as to why this has been added to my final bill.

now the worst part. 

Engineer appointment £75< we had a engineer come out to check our equipment because of the lack of service on the wifi, he confirmed that our equipment was all in working order and we even got a screenshot of his test results. On booking the engineer out this was done through live chat, the operator confirmed that we wouldn't be charged for this appointment. ( again I have a screenshot of this) I also got a email through a few days later letting me know that you have fixed something on my line, so that shows that the fault wasn't on my end. 

this has been such a shame because had the service been of an ok level we would have stayed. Both me and my wife are starting online courses so need a reliable connection. (we are already both behind on our work because of this and very stressed.)  

I thought I would post here because this forum seems the only positive part of TalkTalk and I have little faith with the live chat seeing as they clearly lie.

many thanks in advance.

Jake.

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27
0 Likes

Message 2 of 27

I'll follow your advice. That's good to know that I'll still have access to my account. 

Thanks again for your help 

Message 3 of 27

Keep your Direct Debit in place until you get a bill for £0.00, AFTER you leave, @JakeP1.

These bank details are the ones they'll use when you claim the refund. 

My Account doesn't close when your service ceases. You have access to it for a further year, in case you need past details for your record keeping etc.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 27

BTW, thanks for your ongoing advice BTW 👍🏻

0 Likes

Message 5 of 27

Hi, it's says to come back here after payment to request a refund. Payment has already been taken so not quite sure. 

Also I don't need it to cover future bills I'm leaving. 

& what happens when my account is closed when I've left I won't be able to log on to claim it (which I have a slight feeling they are trying to do that) 

I will escalate this higher if needs be. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 27

It won't be sent to your bank account, @JakeP1. It will show in My Account, from which you can reclaim it, or just leave it to cover subsequent bills.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 27

Good morning Arne. 

The full amount did come out so could you refund me the £75 ASAP. 

Many thanks. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 27

Hi JakeP1

The charge has been credited, but the Direct debit is actually presented 48 hours before extraction today (28th) so the credit may not have stopped the full amount being taken, but it can be refunded ASAP. 

Message 9 of 27

@JakeP1, check in Transaction History, as if it's already been done, a credit will show there. If it is too close to the Direct Debit date, the full amount will be taken and the credit thereby covers that.

If nothing is showing, it could be that it does take more time to check exactly what the Chat agent thought they were doing, check with Openreach etc.

Either way, please just wait for Arne to get back. I re-escalated the thread after you posted yesterday, so it's in the queue for attention to follow up.

Message 10 of 27

Hi again @Arne-TalkTalk 

Not too sure what the hold up is but can we get this engineer charge sorted as a matter of urgency please. My bill comes out on the 30th and I could really do without having to chase up for that £75. 

I have sent you the proof that shows I shouldn't have been charged. We would never have even accepted the engineer out if we were told we would be charged. 

I look forward to hearing back from you shortly. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 27

Hi Arne I pm'd you everything this morning. & filled out the questions that you needed. 

Thanks. 

Message 12 of 27

Hi @JakeP1

The PM has now been sent. 

Sorry for the delay. 

Message 13 of 27

Perhaps that's what Arne was alluding to and best left to him?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 27

@JakeP1, I've just checked, and staff need to enable messages for you first.

Possibly that's what wouldn't work earlier either.

Screenshot_20230626-205520_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes

Message 15 of 27

You will need to wait for Arne to pick this up again, the other posters on here are just customers like yourself and none the wiser than you I'm afraid. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 27

Any news on the system issues? I still can't access the pm folder & I need this engineer charge sorted before it comes out of my account. 

Ironically I have to message you through my 4g as our wifi has gone down about 10 times in the last few hours. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 27

Thanks for taking the time for the screenshot, however I agree that I think its a system problem because I only have the notification bell on mine.

Message 18 of 27

May still be a systems issue, @JakeP1.

It's above Profile etc top right when working. 

Screenshot_20230626-155240_Chrome.jpg

Message 19 of 27

Hi, I did this but I don't have the envelope symbol anywhere. 

Just 

My profile my settings my subscriptions who's online help and sign out. That's all I have. 

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 27
0 Likes