cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Full Fibre upgrade not well managed

Andy_Ellis99
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Dear TalkTalk,

My Fibre 65 contract came to an end beginning Jan 2023 and I received a letter from TalkTalk outlining my options. I chose to leave things as they were for a while.

On the 17 April 2023 I rang TalkTalk to discuss my options and after some discussions settled on a new FULL FIBRE 150 contract which includes Digital Voice.

I had contract summary and contract information emailed to me quickly and a date agreed for installation. Contract includes Digital Voice and TalkTalk Wi-Fi Router.

Told that Openreach may visit before to carry out site survey which they did and carried out installation of fibre to the a box outside.

Just before the day for the installation I have a call from TalkTalk making sure that someone will be there for install, however the new router and Digital Voice device have not arrived. Don’t worry it will be there I'm told. Didn't seem interested.

One the agreed date, no one contacts me, no one shows up. Oh well these things happen, I still have existing broadband service. Following day I receive a text message from Openreach telling me that they will be attending on Friday 5th May ( 1PM-6PM ) to complete installation. Engineer duly arrives and carries out installation.

Still no new router or Digital Voice. I go onto text chat with Unaizah from TalkTalk Full Fibre Order Management to raise this issue and was told that it would be expedited and to expect delivery soon 3-5 business days.

Openreach completes the install, green lights on the ONT and he leaves. Existing broadband still working. so not a problem. At about 8.30 p.m that evening the existing broadband stops working.

To cut a long story short I was left without broadband service for nearly four days, I contacted/chatted three times and only on the 9th May did someone manage to progress my order to the point the fibre started to work. The new router still not arrived and was using my old router that had a WAN port.

Wednesday 10th May Digital Voice adaptor arrived, but then to add insult to injury I receive an email from TalkTalk telling me that my Full Fibre is going to be installed on the 5th May 8am – 1pm !!

Thursday 11th new eero router arrived hurray-ish which TalkTalk are charging me delivery when it wasn’t delivered on time. What sort of router only has two ports? One for the fibre connection and one more, needs to have 4 like the TT routers, can't connect everything over wi-fi.

The broadband is now working as expected but when I look at my account it still shows me as having Fibre 65, i.e. not updated to the new contract.

I would be grateful for some sort of explanation for all this trouble I have incurred and look forward to my account being updated to reflect my new contract and compensation for the loss of service for what should have been a straight forward upgrade.

Regards

Andrew

Order number: FTTP_100447217

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi @Andy_Ellis99

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

@Gliwmaeden2 

I was thinking more about the charge for the router and of course the support team will also advise regarding auto compensation. But thanks for your contribution anyway. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

It will take about a month for automatic compensation to show, @Andy_Ellis99.

Details:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

I have asked the support team to look at this for you. 

0 Likes

Andy_Ellis99
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

Hi Ferguson/Billing

Just seen my latest bill, bit of a cheek charging me for delivery of router for my Fibre router when it was not delivered on time.

Also I want to point out that I was left without service for nearly four days so I think I shoulld be refunded for that, which according to OFCOM :- Delays with the start of a new service Their provider promises to start a new service on a particular date, but fails to do so. £5.83 for each calendar day of delay, including the missed start date."

Regards

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hi Ferguson,

As soon as the old broadband went off, I hoped that the new service had been activated and I did connect my old router to the ONT hoping that I would now have my new Fibre working. Regretfully it did not work. It was only after I got back to the chat on Tuesday that something finally happened.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

As your service now appears to be fully working I have moved this to the Billing section. It is a shame that neither the Openreach engineer , nor anyone else advised you earlier that you could connect your existing router to the ONT via the WAN port. 

0 Likes