cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Giftcloud Reward

JoFi62
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Hi, Hope someone can help, on the 15th October I received my monthly bill, only to find my new broadband price had gone up 60%. realising that customer loyalty is no longer rewarded, I went and switched to Sky, which was offering the same speeds at only 10% more than my old price plus £100 gift card.

I had a missed call form TalkTalk on the 16th at 15:48, the 17th at 11:04, and on the 18th at 11:47 I answered the phone and spoke to a guy for 8m 58s, I'm sure you have this recorded. I explained why I leaving and told him if the price increase hadn't been so much I would have stayed, as I was happy with the service provided. He then offered me a deal, If I stayed the price would be £23.00 and I would get a Giftcloud reward card of my choice of £100.00, at first I declined as I didn't like cancelling sky without giving them a chance, he told me to hang on while he spoke to his supervisor and come back with a revised offer of £120.00. He seemed like a nice guy so I agreed, he gave me Sky's number to cancel, at told me that Giftcloud would contact me via Email in 45 days, seemed a bit long to me but ok. 45 days came and went, in a week it will be 90 days still nothing. looking on this community board, it seems like a pattern is emerging. Could someone please get this sorted a.s.a.p. I don't even care about the money, but if I say I'll do something I will. Many thanks Jon Fitch

JoFi
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi @ JoFi62

I have sent you a Pm regarding the voucher. 

Thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

@JoFi62 

It's been a while since you last heard from the team so I have re-escalated this for you. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Still waiting for my voucher here, Hello, Hello, is anybody there? 150 days and counting. I have had a notification that the monthly price is going up, and Talktalk always seem to be on the ball when it comes to debiting my account on the same day every month. It's a shame, you did seem very genuine when you was trying to entice me back from Sky with the promise of a reduction in price and a Giftcloud voucher. Fool me once.

JoFi
0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

There's also a 30 day "Great Connection Guarantee", so a greater margin is needed.

And it's also up to Giftcard, what they advertise, so can't be chased by Talktalk till that's passed.

I'll re-escalate this thread for Talktalk staff to follow up. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Always nice to have a response, and I see what your saying about people skipping companies to get generous vouchers..... The fact of the matter is, the cooling off period by law is 2 weeks, not 45 days, and certainly not 90. After two weeks I am tied into a 24 month contract, where if I leave, I have to pay Taltalk £10.20 for every month that remains. So if I left 90 days into my contract, I would owe Talktalk £214.20, can you see where I'm going with this. I'd still be over £100 down even if they did send the "generous voucher" out. Which they still haven't. There seems to be an awful lot of people on here that have the same issues, and I guess that less than 1% of people with this very issue would even go to the rigmarole of posting on this board. The only reason I have is to have a case to leave early if I want to. I they had resolved this issue quickly I would have signed up to talktalk tv, but alas that ship has now sailed. For now, the price I pay is good for the speeds I receive, so I will wait, and keep updating this post. Many thanks

JoFi
0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Please start your own thread, @Matt&Aleks as staff only reply to the original poster. 

Arne always chases these up, and I don't think I have ever seen people's patience disappointed. 

0 Likes

Matt&Aleks
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 10

Hi

Exactly the same situation here. We were about to leave as we kept having technical issues but sales person convinced us that we won't get better deal anywhere else and offered £100 and monthly cost at the old price, plus looking into tech issues. So we stayed. I phi Ed Talktalk 45 days later and I was advised that it actually takes 60-90 days! It's been nearly a year now and Talktalk advisor basically said do I have any proof that this was offered. I bet no one has! Contract email is just automatic and DoNotReply kind of thing. I never thought about having a proof because years ago I got voucher from Sky and there was no problem whatsoever.

Looks like Saling technic. Some people will forget, others will be told that they need to wait 45/60/90 days and i bet that in the end we will be told that it has expired! Hahaha

Pathetic! 

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi JoFi62

I will contact the team responsible for the vouchers.

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

@JoFi62, it's a minimum 45 days to be well clear of all cooling off periods, so customers can't just skip from provider to provider collecting generous vouchers......

It's more usual for it to be 90 days.

If that's the case, it can be chased up thereafter if you have heard nothing back.

For staff on the forum to identify your account, ensure that you have completed your community forum profile details. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; from the drop down menu: Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff will respond after the weekend. 

0 Likes