cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Having to pay when the service doesn't provide what it guarantees

Squigs
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

I have constantly complained about outage and 1mb download speeds, they do nothing and just tell me it my end, when nothing has changed at our end since the day we set up with them over 15 yrs ago.  It is there end but they never admit this but yet you still have to pay the full amount per month when they are not hitting their guaranteed speeds for over 3 months.  

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi Squigs

I can see that you have an open complaint, because of this we cant interfere on the community, the last update was a an engineer was being dispatched. 

Hopefully that will fix the problem.  

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

@Squigs, if you have consistently below guaranteed speeds you must allow Talktalk time to perform tests and possibly engineer visits.

Staff can look into this for you after the weekend. They are on here during the day Monday to Friday. 

15 years is enough time for wiring in the home to deteriorate (even if full rewiring is recommended only every 25 years or so). Your router may be faulty. The master socket faceplate may be faulty. Lots of things can go wrong as well as anything between the exchange and your house.

You need to complete your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account. Go via your avatar/name; settings; from the drop down menu select Personal Information and add your landline phone number or Talktalk account number. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes