cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Help needed with getting refund for Openreach Engineer visit and a refund for no internet connection

Montybf
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Please can someone help me or give me some advice. I am posting here as others have had success on the forum. Here is my backstory.

I raised a fault call with TalkTalk on 9 Sept as I had no internet connection. Fault REF-13365111.

On my TalkTalk online account I ran the appropriate basic tests as instructed. I was informed online that there was a problem with the line and an engineer would need to visit the exchange. On the 11th Sept TalkTalk reported the problem as fixed, and that the connection was good. But I still could not connect to the internet. On 12th Sept I contacted TalkTalk Live Chat. After one and a half hours doing all the checks and tests required as instructed, I was told I needed a new router. The new router arrived Sept 14th. But I was still unable to access the internet using the new router. As instructed online I tried reboot, and factory reset, but still had no internet connection.

Later on 14th Sept I had an online Live Chat with TalkTalk. I ran all the checks and tests as instructed. The TalkTalk representative I was chatting with told me that a BrightSparks engineer was required to visit my home. 

Here is an extract from the Live Chat:  “17:24, Sep 14 Paul: I can also make an endorsement regarding on this case for having no service. Please know that we have an auto compensation for having no service and the compensation will automatically be credited to your account within 30 days once the issue resolve.”

The BrightSparks engineer called at my house on the 18th Sept. He ran the appropriate checks and advised that an Openreach engineer was required.

On the 23rd Sept an Openreach engineer visited my house and the local exchange. He told me he had done all the checks at my house and the exchange and that he could find no faults. He rang TalkTalk from my phone and discussed the problem. TalkTalk agreed it was a technical problem at the TalkTalk side, and a higher department (The Network Team) would investigate.

During this time I was also in contact with a TalkTalk complaints manager (Complaint CMP 514971). He mentioned during our phone calls that the problem may be something to do with  my connection being on an ADSL connection. He also mentioned that a restriction (a 'walled garden') had erroneously been put on my account and needed to be removed. After a number of phone calls over a number of days the complaints manager on the 28th Sept passed me through on the phone to the Network Team in Manchester. The Network Team supplied me with the appropriate instructions to change the Internet Connectivity (IPv4) Login and Password credentials on my router. I was told to replace the Login ‘01warehouse@talktalk.net’ with a new one. I was also told to replace the password with a new password which includes the phrase 'gotadsl'. Once this was done I immediately had internet access. I was told that these new credentials would have removed the 'walled garden restriction'

I have now been charged £75 by TalkTalk for the Openreach Engineer visit, and have had no refund for the days when my internet was not available.

The TalkTalk Billing Escalation Team told me on the 10th October that the Engineer Charge was valid.

The problems I have experienced are due to TalkTalk issues. How can I get TalkTalk to refund the £75 engineer charge and compensate me for the days when my internet connection was not available? Any help would be appreciated.

Montybf

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Montybf
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 11

Thanks very much for your help @Arne-TalkTalk

Much appreciated. I'll have a look at My Account on 24 October to request a refund.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

HI @Montybf 

Thank you for confirming security.

A credit has been raised for the engineer charge you will be able to request a refund via My Account in the next 24 hours.

Montybf
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 11

Arne, thanks. I have answered the security questions.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

HI @Montybf 

I will check the engineer report, 

in the meantime I have sent you a PM to confirm some security 

Thank you .

0 Likes

Montybf
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 11

Thanks @Gliwmaeden2 for your advice, very helpful. I'll sit back and wait for a reply.

Message 7 of 11

Staff were only just back answering posts on this board today, @Montybf, and there's also been a glitch in the software that feeds the threads through into their workflow. 

It's not "real time" on here, compared with the immediacy of Chat / phone support but can be relied upon to get to the bottom of an issue for you.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Montybf
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 11

I posted my original post on this forum on Saturday. It is now Wednesday evening. No one from TalkTalk has replied to my post or contacted me. I'm prepared to wait the 30 days to see if I get some compensation for the days when I had no internet connection. But what about the £75 charge that has been made for the Openreach engineer call out?  The engineer call out was due to a TalkTalk router fault. This is all detailed in my original post.

Could someone on the forum let me know what I am supposed to expect. WiIl someone from TalkTalk reply to my posts or contact me?

I am very puzzled as to how this forum works.

Thanks

0 Likes

Montybf
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Thanks @Gliwmaeden2  - much appreciated

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

It's very early to be chasing the automatic compensation, @Montybf.

If it's due, give them up to 30 days  - you don't get a "refund" it's a standardised amount:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

You must complete your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account. Go via your avatar/name; settings. Add your Talktalk landline number. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff can look into the validity of the charges but won't be in touch till after the weekend. 

I'll move this to the billing section for you. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.