cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

House move omnishambles

haphazardgeek
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi there,

First off I apologies for the rant that is about to happen, I understand whoever from talktalk is reading this is in no way responsible but I just need to complain and seek clarity for what can at best be described as an omnishambles. I’ll try to list the relevant points as concisely as possible.

• I first attempted to complete a home move on the website however I encountered and error and was told to contact the home move team over the phone.

• I called the number, very nice man went through the options with me, we sorted out changing to full fibre as our new home was in an area that supported it. However as this was July 18th and we are not moving until September 3rd I was told to call back later as engineers couldn’t be booked this far in advance.

• Several weeks pass and I speak to different nice man who finalised the contacts and sent them to us and, most importantly for our story, arranged for the engineer to come out on Monday September 4th between 8 and 1 with our existing service ending on Sept 3rd in our old property.

• Fantastic we thought….

• A few days later we receive a call from our letting agent telling us the current tenants of our future home has received a notice saying an engineer will be out on August 29th they are obviously very put out and annoyed by this as they are not vacating the property until August 31st! We subsequently receive a message telling us the same thing on August 16th.

• The next day I try to explain this on a webchat and get some acknowledgment that this is not correct. I fail.

• I call the home move team back and after 40 minutes on the phone and various departments the best I can get from the team is this is a remote visit, the engineer will not be on site on August 29th, I ask if this well mean either we lose our connection here on that date or if the current tenants will lose theirs, CS say our connection at this address will stay connected until the 3rd but yes very sorry but the current tenants will be cut off and as this is a date assigned by the system there is nothing they can do to correct the date to the 4th.

• At this I leave the far less helpful representative and after stewing for a while I tried contact customer support via twitter (give it up Elon, no ones calling it X) after and entire evening of back and forth I get assurances this is only a remote visit and current tennants WILL NOT lose connection, I pass this on the letting agent.

• Fantastic we thought…

• 2 days later we receive and email confirming the engineer visiting on site on August 29th detailing how the engineer may well be drilling a hole in wall… of a house we aren’t living in until 5 days later. Not only this but you are sending a delivery of tech to this address, so not only have we threatened to cut off this old couples internet but now we are asking them to sit on post for us?!

• Before I even can even get to a day off to deal with this next level of nonsense we get an text saying you are having to cancel our order as you cannot provide fibre at our address (despite the postcode checking on your website saying you most certainly can!)

What the hell is happening???

Why has what should be a simple move become such a stressful thing??

Are we going to have internet on September 4th or not? (We have two small children who we need to entertain while moving the rest of our belongings about so I hope so!

Are the current tenants going to be cut off?

I don’t care at this point if you just transfer our current package over and we’ll deal with any upgrade later if that’s easier?

Again, not your fault poor customer service rep who may come accross this, but what started off smoothly has become an utter nightmare.

Help?

Thanks,

Sam

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi haphazardgeek

Im sorry to read of the problems you have had.  

When you placed the Homemove did you get an order reference?  I will need to pass this to the future fibre team to see what has happened.  

I think ultimately you will need to contact us again to place a new order. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Your thread is in the queue for attention, @haphazardgeek.

Best to just wait for the staff response now. Posting further delays it in the workflow. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Muchas Gracias!

The problem is the issue is getting longer and longer with each “hilarious” mishap so trying to explain over the phone takes forever, I’m hoping someone being able to see it here all laid out in sequence will help.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

You could also try contacting the future fibre team directly  - you might get more sense out of them than the Chat support. 

Phone 03451 720074 after 8am.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

What a mess, @haphazardgeek.

Please complete your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account. 

You need to add your current landline phone number in Personal Information. 

At the end of that section in Private Notes add the address details and, if possible, the order number for the NEW property. SAVE CHANGES. 

I'll move this to the billing section of the forum, as it is important to get the start /end dates etc sorted out and it's not specifically a service issue affecting quality/speeds of Broadband etc.

Staff will reply during the day, Monday to Friday. 

0 Likes