cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

How Close to the end of your contract are you allowed to switch to a new contract penalty free?

AnthGood
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

As my question title asks how close to the end of your contract are you allowed to switch to a new contract penalty free?

So if I have 500mb/s Fibre with my contract ending on the 10th July 2023 and want to switch to a new contract with 900mb/s. How long before the 10th July can I make the switch when I won't get any "early termination" fees or anything along those lines? 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

It will be about10 days for the new order to be completed after the cease.   We are working with City Fibre to rectify this. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

"if you are in a city fibre area, to upgrade the speeds from 500 to 900 at the moment requires a cease then a new order to be placed which unfortunately will mean a loss of service. "

That is insane, how long loss of service? Are we talking loss of service for like an hour. Or loss of service for days or weeks?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Hi AnthGood 

Thanks for your post.

As Gliwmaeden2 has advised you can renew anytime inside the last 90 days, bare in mind if you are in a city fibre area, to upgrade the speeds from 500 to 900 at the moment requires a cease then a new order to be placed which unfortunately will mean a loss of service. 

Regards.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Straightforward renewals are within the last 90 days, @AnthGood.

You should get an email around a month before the end of your contract, by which time you have options to simply move onto a rolling monthly contract (full price plus the CPI-related price increase), renew or look into upgrading.

Prior to that to upgrade may involve admin fees unless you successfully haggle to get them waived. See one off charges under pricing.

To leave without penalty you need to be within the last 30 days of your contract. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.