cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Insulting customer service

Ih8chatchat
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

I've been struggling to pay my bills for 8 months, humiliated I called talk talk only to be offerd £1 off. I've asked multiple times via chat and phone call I need a social tarriff and can not afford £27 a month. Talk talk don't care and threatened me saying they will put me into debt if i dont pay.

I cancelled the direct debit and asked to cancel contract but it never gets anywhere now im stuck because i don't want to be a customer for talk talk as ive been treated differently to most in my situation. Depressing and insulting.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

We actually offered 3 months free and to reduce £5 off you bill from £27 to £23  after that.   We have a process to help financially vulnerable customers, but you need to call us to discuss this. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Ive been out of work, cant get a job and cant afford basic things, like food. do you really think offering £3 quid off from £1 discount is help for someone in this position? 

Also the job centre told me something different to what you lot are saying. It seems talk talk enjoy what your doing to me, this community isn't for me and i want to leave, but you won't let without me giving you money. Bullies.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Ih8chatchat

Im sorry for the problems you are having. 

It is true that we don't have a social tariff,  when you advise us of a change to your circumstances we perform an account review which we have done when you spoke to our loyalty team (12-Mar-2024 10:02)

I have checked your account and you were offered a reduction to £23 month and a discount for 3 months which the notes say you rejected.  Cancellation will incur a cancellation charge which we then offered to reduce. 

Im not sure what more we can do.  The only other advice I can offer, is to call again and ask to speak to the collections department. 

Regards

Message 4 of 7

Ive been through all the channels and went to the job centre, when i mentioned the 6 months free they the person on phone didn't know what i was talking about, much you who clearly works for talk talk and trying to make them out as a nice company, when actully they put vulnerable people into debt and dont help at all after 2 calls on phone and 2 chats on web chat, the job centre told me to call YOU and it got nowhere.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

@Ih8chatchat, Talktalk simply doesn't have a social tariff, so all that can be done by them is cut a £.

Please look at this link which describes the possibility of getting help through JobCentre Plus:

https://www.socialtariff.co.uk/broadband/talktalk/

Another possibility might be to ask if the package can be changed (though you would need to see if they can waive the admin fee for changing package mid contract). Though the April CPI + 3.7% inflation increase affects most packages, ordinary Fast Broadband comes in at £19.95 at the start of a 2 year deal. The speeds would be far less than you are used to, but I find it perfectly adequate for all my personal use and on occasions when I need to fall back on giving an online lesson to somebody,  - so it's fine for Skype  or Zoom etc.

They may not be able to downgrade your service, but it's worth asking!

Screenshot_20240313-083223_Chrome.jpg

Staff on the forum cannot interfere with sales deals nor cancel for you. 

A change of deal can be negotiated via Chat. 

A cancellation must be put through by phone call: 03451 720088.

Forum staff can then check whether these have been processed correctly. 

I'll move this to the billing section of the forum, as this is all to do with your account, not a problem with phone / internet etc.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Hi,

Sorry to hear your circumstances.

Cancelling your direct debit can cause you more issues, so it's best not to do so as it may affect your credit score.

You are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
You can also add your account number in the private notes field, which only you and the support staff can view.
Please post back when done.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes