cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Just posting a recent review of the nightmare of talktalk

Luketams
Participant
Private Message
Message 19 of 19

Where do I start with this review. It has to be as long as it is because there has been SO many issues with this company, just looking and seeing the words Talktalk fill me with dread and anxiety. I have asked them to ban me from their services so if I ever lose my marbles or forget what myself and partner have been through we don’t accidently try to sign up years down the line.

So we had Talktalk at our old address, my girlfriend lived their first and it was in her name, initially I had no issues setting up here internet there. Easy as 1,2,3 guy came out, signed up for it online, no issues with internet, would of stayed with them for decades if what was to come never happened.

So I move in with her after we get married, at this point she has had Talktalk for around 4 years, no issues, good internet, fast and reliable. Please do not get me wrong I am a very patient man and incompetence is rampant in 2023 so I expect some teething issues, but what I experienced left me literally insane.

So I try to switch to new address online, nope sorry online system cant do that (no reason why just can’t) so I try live chat, nope can’t do that. I hate doing things on the phone because it always devolves into a he said/she said type of argument down the line. Anyway I ask the lady to switch to my new address, her name was Danielle. She repeats what I say and what I want word for word, seems very competent sets me up a new account in my name for our new address and closes the account for my wife.

Only issue with the call I would say is it took ages because they have to transfer me to 100 different departments no matter who you call will have to transfer you multiple times.

No problem right? Well I check the email shortly after of the confirmation and I see a completely different address than the one I gave her, somewhere near to my address but I have never been there or even seen its name, so I cant of given it wrong.

Luckily during our chat I remember that we got disconnected at one point and she rang me back, so I ring this number and get straight to Danielle. She says she must of clicked the wrong address on the system and that she will ring me back tomorrow, no issue.

Guess what, no call from Danielle and then I get on the text, live chat, phone calls to get it sorted. I get assured that my address is changed and that I will get an email. I constantly get transferred I have issues verifying myself because obviously I have the wrong address on the system. Everytime I either get hung up on, disconnected or pass through dozens of departments because apparently no one there has the authority to do anything.

So No email comes after being basically told I’m pestering them and that I should 100% be sure that its sorted. Guess what, no email comes, no confirmation. Still cant log on to my account (like all the emails say I can) because the address is incorrect and I don’t have all the details of the incorrect address.

Eventually my GO-LIVE date comes, no text, no email, no modem. I get in contact with them again, hours of swapping departments, issues etc.

Oh sorry btw we have delayed your modem because we are busy. At this point I ask to cancel, so I get told to ring up, so I ring up (all my calls are recorded automatically too so I have proof of all of these events) and tells me that I am cancelled now and that my services are over.

At one point I got told by the live chat person to ring the cancellation line and apologising for their incompetence, she told me they are closed at 8. So I ring up as she has given me the number at 7, guess what? Sorry we are closed. This is the kind of incompetence I am talking about.

So knowing full well that all these people just tell me sweet little lies I message/text and live chat to see if it is a couple of days later, no SIR your services are still active. So after going insane I managed to contact them a dozen more times until I get written confirmation in the live chat that its cancelled.

I literally had to get some extra medication from my mental health dealing with this, as I must have spent a full working week dealing with this incompetence.

So after it is cancelled I get a text about a week later from an engineer asking if he can pop over to install the TalkTalk, I text him no I cancelled it weeks ago, no response from him after that. Then a modem pops up. (I’m currently on live chat as I type this just trying to get them to send me a returns bag to return it and being switched through 100 departments to be told to ring up) I’m sure I’ll still get charged for it to because they can’t do anything right.

So finally I think the nightmare is over, I turn up at my old address to pick up some mail and there is a Talktalk box there with my wife’s name on it? So they sent her a TalkTalk modem after she cancelled her services. Good thing I found it otherwise I’m sure they would send debt collectors after us and charge us £50 and damage our credit because cancelling a service to TalkTalk means send us a new modem too.

Honestly I think I could work for TalkTalk now and know all their staff by name, I must of put in 40 hours in the couple of weeks before I started this service, I’ll surely probably be receiving modems for the rest of my life so I can start my own broadband company, I only have 3 to return right now.

So no I will never be signing up with them again or recommending them, they offered me £40 off my bill and £100 in amazon vouchers to let them sort it out, I laughed, like ill ever get them and the issue will just sort itself out, no chance. I would not sign up to them again if they PAID me monthly to have it.

If you have severe health problems like myself and get ill from stress, DO NOT GO WITH TALKTALK, I would of stayed with them for decades if it wasn’t for Danielle in sales messing it up starting the ball of issues spinning.

P.s Forgot to say at one point a lady on the live chat said she would get the complaints department to call me to sort out the issue, I got an email saying they would be in contact, that was over a week ago lol. Won’t hold my breath.

TalkTalk, once you're in, there is never going to be out.
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Thanks a lot! appreciate it. Everyday I get a step closer to freedom.

Message 2 of 19

Hi Luketams

I have checked this morning and the order that was causing the problem is now correctly cancelled. 

Message 3 of 19

Well got an email today 4.15 to let me know my services that I didnt order are Live and ready to go. Woohoo wish it was that quick when I actually ordered it.

Also Ive posted so many bad reviews on trustpilot, because the nightmare never ends, that Ive finally had a text from them saying the CEO team will contact me. Lmao I wont hold my breath..

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Yeah the girl on facebook said that but when I went on live chat I still had to go through the cancellation process again, after being transferred many times as always.

Despite each person saying 'im transferring you to the cancellation department".

Then after telling them that if I was signed up again its fraud or an error they asked me "is there anyone there that wants to take over the account?. Words fail me.

I have never been so stressed out from a company in my life. It has to be a front, there is no literal way any corporation can be so incompetent without trying.

It makes the NHS look competent! I never thought I would say that after they messed me up multiple times and nearly got me killed. But talktalk is now, without a doubt my number 1.

Thanks for being sorry, it's not your fault personally so dont worry about that. I just need to vent for my own sanity.

Message 5 of 19

Hi Luketams

I can assure you that you haven't been signed up again the original order placed on the 22/06/23 is stuck in one of our systems, This is 100% our problem and we are trying to stop this order as per your multiple requests,  While we are trying to fix this problem it is triggering auto responses incorrectly.

Again I am really sorry this is ongoing. 

Message 6 of 19

Will be following your advice, I will be sending them a cease and desist letter and to stop fraudulently signing me up for things without my permission.

0 Likes

Luketams
Participant
Private Message
Message 7 of 19

Well just exploded at their facebook and live chat, begging to be banned did not work, so at this point I have to actively tried to get banned. I cannot believe the change in my mental state since first signing up a couple of weeks ago to now. My brain is absolutely fried. Seriously i'm gonna go to the papers I think. Anymore modems are now either being collected by talk talk or smashed to pieces within 14 days.

To think I was doing really good after my years of therapy from the trauma I went through and for talktalk to send me back to therapy. Amazing. Place needs investigating and shutting down. I have removed Talktalks implied right of access to my property and any mail is now destroyed upon receipt. Fraudulently signing me up for a contract and then making me spend a couple of hours cancelling it and having the cheek to ask me if anyone else wants to take over the contract, LMAO.

The girl or guy on facebook that signed me up also told me to disregard the email, GOOD THING I DIDNT, BECAUSE I WAS SIGNED UP. Further proof talktalk is UTTERLY unfit for purpose. I could make a two hour youtube video talking about the NOSENSE these people have put me through.

0 Likes

Luketams
Participant
Private Message
Message 8 of 19

Well I've had it, this is the end. Talktalk may as well have killed me. So stupidly I think maybe i'll ask their facebook, just for a bag you know, because i'm running out of time and I know these jokers will blame me for their modems. So the dude is like yep I will send you a bag. Then 3 minutes later I get a message saying THANKS FOR SIGNING UP TO FULL FIBRE BB STARTING TOMORROW. For god, jesus christ SAKE.

At this point i'm applying for a restraining order and calling the police for fraud. I cannot honestly believe how much I hate this company. Like my number one goal in life is to see it collapse. I hate it so much. I just know that I'll cancel it, then it wont be cancelled, then ill get 5 more modems.

I'll never get out will I? I dont even want internet anymore, I wish I was born 100 years ago. I'd trust a toddler with a handgun more than this company. JESUS, I feel so ill. I just want some life back.

I'm going to get myself sectioned so I can be in one flew over the cuckoo's nest. Rocking back and forward, screaming when people ask to "talk" to me.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Its ok. Its 100% cancelled I have the talktalk live chat logs and a recording of a time I also rang up and cancelled. If its still active thats talktalks problem. They are not getting a penny out of me i'll take it all the way to court.

I'll end up sending it back on my own cost at this rate. Again this is why talktalk is the joke of the internet industry. Wouldnt of even had it if not for my wifes last house needing it as their only supplier.

Cheers for the help though either way.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Hi Luketams

I'm really sorry that this is still ongoing. I am trying get confirmation that order is cancelled. 

Usually when there is an open complaint we cant interfere on the community, but I will see what is going on. 

Sorry again. 

Message 11 of 19

Re-escalated for you again, @Luketams.

Hopefully they will pick it up this time.

Don't post anything at all till they reply - a quirk of the workflow means it's best to wait to hear back first.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Luketams
Participant
Private Message
Message 12 of 19

Well 2 modems returned (kept all tracking info) as i'm sure they will make a mess of it and send debt collectors. Tried asking 10 times for another return bag from my third modem still nothing.

Still no contact from them on here, or about the complaints department. They replied on truspilot and gave me a (special link) to talk to them. The link just takes me to their stupid homepage i'm not spending anymore time livechatting.

Honestly id get better results from talking to a random stranger in the street about it.

Warned the rest of my family to cancel their contracts once they are up and they are amazed at the state of this.

No one responded "tomorrow" on the forum which was friday last week. Not that I expected anything to be honest. 

Hope they end up taking me to court so I can make a day of roasting them.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Thanks, still waiting, no new modems though so that's a plus.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

OK, it looks like you have completed your profile, thanks for that. Hopefully the support team will pick this up tomorrow. 

Message 15 of 19

Well I've spent multiple live chats trying to get a THIRD returns bag out for the THIRD modem I have to return that should not of been sent. So far after calling, texting and live chatting I have yet to be able to get a third bag. So far talktalk have only sent me 2 extra modems incorrectly, why I have to deal with this is besides me. I want a job as a talktalk modem dispatcher. So if someone could get me a returns bag for my THIRD modem I recieved would be great i'm running out of hours to spend talking to talktalk, pun intended. 

And I just want to be left alone, i've had to cancel the service multiple times, I just havent got the energy to deal with this level of incompetence anymore, i'm drained. Once the account is fully over, never again. Signed up with virgin, met the man outside and my house and he helped me to set it all up, piece of cake.

I'm just so tired, of returning modems.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

I am sorry to see that you have had problems with your move. What is it exactly you are asking for now?

I have moved this to the Billing section as it is not a broadband performance issue as such. Make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that the support team can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 19

Honestly I appreciate the advice, but after contacting at least a dozen employees on several days, several times per day for several weeks. I have lost all hope in anything they say or do or communicate back to me. I just want them gone from my life and to never see of hear their dreaded name again. I have a feeling this curse i've been afflicted with will hardly end easily and I'll probably be receiving modems until the day I die.

0 Likes

jaspertat
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 18 of 19

You can write to TalkTalk. Follow the Terms and Conditions link at the foot of this page and see Section 19 for details. I would send a few letters by tracked mail, just in case they try the 'lost in post' excuse.