cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Leaving, despite being a customer since the Tiscali days.

Ste7en
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Well, I've had enough of the constant wifi dropouts and what seems like an ever-decreasing broadband speed.

My only concern is that I seem to be under contract until 22/3/25 despite not signing or renewing anything

Any idea if I'll still be charged the leaving fee?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Ste7en

You will still need to contact us to cancel the account, otherwise it will continue to generate bills. 

Cancellations can only be done via telephone 03451720088 

Regards

Ste7en
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Many thanks for the replies. I'm afraid enough is enough and I now have YouFibre installed. I'm waiting for the final bill and then I'll be cancelling my DD. I'll pay the 'contract breakage fee' as it is false economy (to me) to put up with this for another year or so.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Ste7en

There may be a fault on the line,  post in the broadband section and they will run tests. You also may need a replacement router as the last one was sent in 2021. 

Currently your contract breakage fee is £114

Post in the broadband section and we will try to help. 

Regards

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Looking at the type of problem you describe, it would seem to be a WiFi reception issue with which I can help a lot with. Have you ever had my help with this before? Perhaps I can get you the speeds that you should get, especially with the length of time left on your contract.

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?