cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Miss sold a package.

l33amo
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hi. I have just found out that my 90 year old auntie and uncle were sold a home line and BB package 18 months ago. 

They have a fault on the line and this is what has caused us to look into this for them. We have now discovered that that have been paying £45 pm. 

They have never used the internet or wanted it, they have never been sent a router, they only have a radio in the house and no tv. 

We are now trying to cancel the package but they are asking for an email that was provided when it was first set up, my A&U have never had an email address In their life but they won’t speak to them until this is confirmed. 

they are in their 90s and this is causing a lot of upset, I’m looking for someone to speak to that can help. I can be there when my uncle needs to speak to someone. 

I’m just trying to help them cancel they plan and I would also like to speak to someone about a refund as I truly believe this was miss sold and the person selling the service took advantage. 

can anyone help us. 

thank you. Lee 

Lee
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi @l33amo

Sorry that you are having problems,  Do you have Power of authority over the account so you can discuss the account on their behalf? 

Can you add their account number to your community profile and I can have a look.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

@l33amo, any package with Talktalk includes Broadband. It's very difficult to get a landline only package from any company at all these days, and soon it will all be bundled in with the Full Fibre products that require the use of a router.

Your A & U may now be out of contract.

When they renew (if you can help them) see if they can get the Anytime Calls boost at a discount. It's currently £16 full price, and may be contributing to their higher bills.

If they don't use the boost, their individual calls will cost 24p per minute.

The boost can be removed after one month.

Talktalk has 12 month / 18 month / 24 month packages.  The cheapest tend to be the longer ones. The new contract will detail the Broadband fixed term. 

Check the Ts&Cs carefully for them. A cheaper option can be to pay the 12 months up front or avoid the April CPI related charges by paying a little MORE per month, which would have actually paid off this past year, so you need to help them talk this through with the agent.

Staff on here cannot set up the deal or organise cancellation for them.

Chat cannot be used for cancellations, but can be used for setting up the better deal.

Phone support deals with everything:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes