cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

New Fibre150 installation. Eero 6 won't pair

akelly0609
Team Player
Private Message
Message 60 of 60

I had City Fibre install a new line to my house on Tuesday and Eero 6 was delivered last week. I have 4 green lights on the ONT but I can't get the Eero to pair.

In Bluetooth pairing mode the app can't find a device then asks for a serial number. When I type in the serial number it finds the device and allows me to create a network name and password, next screen then says there has been an issue and to contact support.

I've been going round in circles with this for two days, when I initially contacted support on the love chat with this problem they just told me my service could go live any time before midnight, but that was two days ago. 

I have received nothing from talk talk except two emails, and the Eero package and don't know what to do. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A Kelly
0 Likes
59 REPLIES 59

Message 1 of 60

Hi akelly0609

Thanks for your post. 

It looks like the agent didn't apply the credit, I will add it today to be used against your next bill.  In terms of the compensation, the auto compensation team will pick this up and apply any credits that you are owed this can take upto 30 days from the date the fault was fixed to be applied.

Regards.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 60

@akelly0609 I have moved this to the Billing section so that this point can bee looked into. 

akelly0609
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 60

While everything is working now, I was told on one of the phonecalls during troubleshooting (I think the call was on 15/2/23 at 5.15pm) that my first month would be free as a goodwill measure for the problems. 

I've just been issued my bill and this doesn't seem to have been applied, I'm paying full price. Even the period of time it wasn't working has not been deducted. Is this something that can be looked at? 

A Kelly
0 Likes

Message 4 of 60

Morning,

Apologies, I've posted on your other topic now.

Thanks

0 Likes

JaxGTX
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 60

@akelly0609Thanks very much for the PM, I appreciate you taking the time. Hopefully it might give a tech support person some ideas once I finally get to talk to someone

Message 6 of 60

@JaxGTX I'll PM you with a few things you can maybe ask them about/get them to check when you speak to someone. Mark ran through quite a lot over the second phone call and it's hard for me to be 100% sure exactly what change got it up and running. 

A Kelly

Message 7 of 60

Ah, OK. Best wait for a response there. Generic discussions can help, but however similar individual issues may seem they can only be resolved by the support team on separate topics where they can access your account details.

0 Likes

JaxGTX
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 60

@ferguson

Hi I do have my own topic, but the person in this thread had what sounds exactly the same as my issue, namely the Eero can't obtain an external IP address over Cityfibre FTTP. Given their successful resolution I was hoping for some useful information.

For info my thread is here https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/New-Cityfibre-Connection-not-working/m-p/2951814#M375476

0 Likes

Message 9 of 60

@JaxGTX It is probably best to start your own topic so that you can get individual support. 

0 Likes

JaxGTX
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 60

Hi,

Do you know what Mark did to get you sorted please? Any info he gave?

Ta

0 Likes

Message 11 of 60

Hello,

Please don't apologise as I completely understand. I'm really glad to hear that the connection is now working and I'm sorry that we couldn't resolve this in the first instance for you. I'm just sending you a short survey via a PM.

Thanks

Message 12 of 60

Hi Michelle,

Yes after a few phone calls with Mark we are now finally up and running! Thank you for your help, apologies for getting frustrated with you and the support team.

A Kelly

Message 13 of 60

Hello,

I've been advised that this should now be resolved so I'm just checking back in to see if everything is now working ok?

Thanks

Message 14 of 60

Hi,

I've just chatted with the team and let them know and advised everything that you've tried so when they call if they can't get it to connect then they can progress this as a fault for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 60

Available all day today. 

A Kelly
0 Likes

Message 16 of 60

Hi,

Ok, when are you available and I will ask them to call to progress this for you.

Thanks

Message 17 of 60

Hi Michelle.

Currently using a Galaxy Tab A7 running Android Version 11. I would assume it also supports BLE as it is the mobile device that automatically "finds" the Eero and doesn't require manual input of the Eero serial number.

To reiterate what I've said in previous posts, the Eero pairs with the device, says "Connecting to Internet" and then says "Your Eero 6 can't reach the Internet". When I click for more info it says the issue is the Eero can't obtain an External IP address.

A Kelly
0 Likes

Message 18 of 60

If you ever get yours working please let me know what you did!

Message 19 of 60

Hi,

Can I just confirm, which device you're trying to set this up on please?

eero currently supports devices running Android 7.0 or later and iOS 14 or later (Which apple devices are compatible). Your device must also be Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) enabled, so Bluetooth versions earlier than 4.0 aren't supported. For the best results, use a device with a mobile data connection, then follow the steps below to get connected.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 60

Hi Michelle,

Still no change at my end unfortunately. Eero app still giving the same message as the screenshot I posted a few days ago.

A Kelly
0 Likes