cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

No Service New contract issues

tyro386
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 15 of 15

Hi TTalk

I switched to BT because I was fed up with being charged £12.50 late payment fee when I had already pushed the date back TTalk cut my internet service and forced me to pay the £12.50.

TTalk rang me an offered me a 12 month contract 9 months (inc a 3 month voucher) free at 65MB and refund of the fees (ref: 22 May 2023 @16:30). I cancelled BT and went with the offer, but then all of a sudden I was cut off and my account closed TTalk was supposed to cancel BT but they didn't, so I have no service at the moment. I get a message from BT saying contact us to cancel before the 26th June otherwise your service will go live with them I contacted BT and cancelled again. I've just got a letter today from BT to say I will automatically move to TTalk on the 26th.

I've never used the BT service I didn't accept the router box when it was delivered RTS.

TTalk also state my service will go live on the 26th June so I don't know what's going to happen.

I accepted another contract with TTalk however the sales team woman couldn't offer me the same deal she wasn't authorized, but she did give me the reference date of when the deal was offered (so TTalk can honour the deal), I should never have been cut off.

Is there any way of getting my service on sooner I don't need a router, I have one.

I'm also dealing with my mother's estate at the moment and can't do anything without a service.

I have a new account number /phone number I'll put them in my personal details in brackets.

And can you remove/refund the £10 connection fee?

Can anyone look into this.

Kind regards,

Tyro

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Thanks

Michelle

tyro386
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 2 of 15

*Update/Recap*

Hey Guys,

Payment Extension granted. I was still forced to pay £12.50 over the phone after they restricted my service.

I paid my bill for the service I used, but not the £12.50, as I didn't owe it. So they cut my BB for £12.50. (see PDF)

Tyro

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi Arne,

Apology accepted.

Unfortunately, last time I was on the phone to the loyalty team it was just over 2 hours back & forth different departments and got nowhere, I didn't need to pay for that call. 

I'll try it via complaint, saves me explaining it over again at cost, does TTalk have an email for this?

Tyro

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

I have re-escalated this for you. Did you contact the loyalty team as suggested by Arne back in July?

0 Likes

tyro386
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 5 of 15

*Update*

Hi TTC,

I have moved ISP, however I am being harassed by Moorcroft who seem to think I am in debt with them.

(Moorcroft Reference: 007832478994 (E-CONT-FC)) asking for £180.00 I suspect this is for the whole year (contract) even when I cancelled TTalk because I realized I had been mis-sold a contract that I couldn't afford. What can be done about this? Also, I'm still out of pocket for the £12.50 admin fee that was charged (wrongly) even when I had moved the payment date.

Tyro (https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/social-tariffs)

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

HI tyro386

Best option would be to call the loyalty team on 03451720088 TheY will be able to help.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hi Arne,

Thank you, I would've contacted sooner, but had to catch up with other stuff.

With regard to the previous deal offered by TT, would I have to phone the loyalty team or cancel/switch to trigger something?

Also, my new bill says £40 to be paid by the 26th.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi tyro386

A credit has been raised on the old account to zero the balance.

Message 9 of 15

Okay thanks we'll pick this up then.

I received a letter from TT today billing ref: TT0670446954 I don't understand why, but it says £12.50 admin fee and contract breakage fee £3.02 due date for payment 28th (£6.25).

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Ok we'll pick this up when it goes live for the new account.

I received a letter from TT, billing reference: TT0670446954 - I don't really understand why, but they have still charged me for a late payment fee and contract breakage fee which I was told to ignore when accepting the deal from my previous account.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 15

The order shows that the admin fees are being auto waived so there are no admin fees on that order.   We cant do anything on the account untill it goes live. 

Message 12 of 15

Hi Arne,

Thank you for the apology. I still have a contract that I can't afford and will have to cancel/switch unless there's an alternative way of getting the deal and refunds that was offered to me, so that I'm not out of pocket due to TT's mistake for not cancelling BT.

Is there a way that the loyalty team can do this? Even though I have a new account I've been with TT since 2013 and would like that offer reinstated.

I think the sales team woman on the phone was just telling me what I wanted to hear just for the sale she could have asked her manager for the 6 months free and 3 month voucher to be applied she also said repeatedly the go live date was an estimate how the heck did I fall for that.

It clearly states in my email £10 connection fee, I guess that's the postage costs in disguise.

Kind regards

Tyro

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 15

Hi tyro386.

Sorry for the problems you have had. 

Unfortunately its not possible to move an activation date forward, really sorry. 

As for the router charge, once its applied we can remove it. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

@tyro386 

I have moved this to the Billing section for you. A member of the support team will respond as soon as they can.