cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Overcharged despite Contract Renewal

Anneacton1
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

I upgraded from Fibre65 to Fibre150 in June23  , with installation of new line only happening yesterday.  Finding a date to suit with Open Reach was a challenge but I have been charged for September  at the rate of £61.10 instead of what was agreed in June . Can this be rectified on my next bill and a refund forthcoming? 

Anne
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Anneacton1

Thank you for updating your profile.

It look like the renewal request is stuck in issued so the account needs updating. I have logged this as a fault, I will also place a credit on the account for the overcharge.

Will let you know when the fault is fixed. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Arne. 

Updated now 

Anne
0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi Anneacton1

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Yes , that is correct 

Anne

Message 5 of 10

So bills in July and August tallied with what you understood to be the new contract price and suddenly you found that the September bill had changed to standard tariffs? 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

it wasn’t a free upgrade . It was an end of contract in June and I called to negotiate a new package 

Anne
0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

So was the agreement in June a new contract, rather than a "free upgrade"?

The latter would mean that your old end of contract date would still apply and you'd need to get in touch to renew with the current service, or simply roll on from month to month at the standard rate, @Anneacton1.

Can you see an "end of contract" date in the bill (or check what it was in an old one)?

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

It is £13.15 more than what was agreed in contract renewal . Appears to be standard  flat rate  for everything including the Boosts that are included. Thanks for escalating . Anne

Anne

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

How much more was it than you were expecting? Are there any additional charges showing on your itemised bill which are not clear? This has been escalated to the support team here for you and they will respond as soon as they can. 

0 Likes