cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Paperless billing - We can't reach you by email...

TButler
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hi,

Just received a warning letter stating TalkTalk bills can't reach my inbox and we'll be getting charged for paper billing.

I'm struggling to see how TalkTalk can't whitelist their own domain as that's the email provider I'm using currently. Could you shed some light on what might be going wrong?

I've received billing emails up to March this year, I've not changed anything with my email account that I can think of.

Didn't really want to create a community post for this, but the live chat function seems to just sit on the spinning green circle despite it being within the live chat opening hours.

I don't have another email address to add to my account to circumvent the issue, and I don't particularly want to set one up just for this.

I've just added yourbill@billing.talktalk.co.uk as a contact, but I don't know if this will work. If it doesn't, seems like TalkTalk will take it upon themselves to just go ahead and add the charge on...

I'd appreciate if someone can help with this.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi TButler

Sorry that you had problems. 

I can see that your email address has been updated to a 3rd party address, so you wont get charged for paper billing going forward. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

They've been steadily discouraging the use of a Talktalk address for billing emails ever since the hacking event of October '15, @TButler.

It honestly is worth your while setting up another address with eg hotmail  / gmail because, if you are ever travelling and happen to be in an area that has a reputation for being a source of Spam, you'll find you simply can't use the Talktalk address.

Using hotmail  / gmail you should be able to stay in touch from any device pretty much anywhere in the world. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes