cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Query and feedback on contract renewal

DrStrange
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

So I phoned TalkTalk a few hours ago to see if I could negotiate a better price on my soon to end current Fibre 150 contract and the nice helpful agent was able to save me £9 a month on the price I was quoted in My Account.  He emailed me the new contract documents at the end of our conversation, all is good.

Query:

Well, a few hours later TalkTalk sent me an email from info@customer-service.talktalk.net titled "(My first name), You've changed your full fibre package". In the email body it states:

"You've added: Fixed Price Plus"

"You've removed: £13.95 Fixed Price Plus - 18M - Fibre 150"

"One-off charges: Equipment delivery charge: £9.95"

"Equipment: eero 6"

So I spent about an hour in the chat with two TalkTalk agents to ask why I was being asked to pay the one-off charge for delivering an eero 6 (as obviously my current contract came with an eero 6 and I requested no physical changes or upgrades/downgrades to my Fibre 150 package while renewing my contract). They could not find this £9.95 charge in my account but informed me that they have noted on my account that it be waived. I asked the agent specifically to ensure that an eero 6 not be sent to me. He assured me it would not be sent. I did not query the "You've added.." and "You've removed.."

After the chat ended I now worry that because the "You've added.." part of the TalkTalk email omits the Fibre 150 from what was on the "You've removed..." part of the mail, I might not be on Fibre 150 in the new contract (my new contract document does says that I will still be on Fibre 150 but this email was sent after the email containing the contract docs which raises a supercession doubt in my mind).

Can a TalkTalk customer agent please check that my new contract is still on the Fibre 150 package?

Email:

You've changed your full fibre packageYou've changed your full fibre package

Can TalkTalk check in future what changes exactly a customer is making to their account, to ensure they're taking the correct action in response to this change and hence sending out a correctly worded email? 

I didn't mind spending an hour on the chat, just a minor convenience. It would have been more of a nuisance if I hadn't seen this email, paid £9.95 for an unneeded item, have it arrive in the post, then having to contact TalkTalk to sort it out.

Thank you

Update:

Despite the TalkTalk agent assuring me that the eero 6 would not be sent , I received two emails yesterday evening - one from TalkTalk customer service entitled "Take your full fibre home to the next level" and stating that the eero 6 is on its way, and one from Yodel stating that the TalkTalk parcel was on its way. Using the tracking number provided, the parcel is due for delivery on 17/2/24.

I will be going on the chat when it opens at 9am to sort this out.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

DrStrange
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Ive removed it, your payment is due on the 17th so it will have been removed in time. 

Regards

0 Likes

DrStrange
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

Hi Arne, I see from my March bill that the £9.95 equipment charge has been included. Can you remove it please. I am due to pay the March bill by direct debit debit on 19th March. Will this charge be removed in time before I am due to pay the rest of the bill?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8
0 Likes

DrStrange
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Hi Arne.

I got the eero and the returns bag. I'll be sending it back today. I'll keep an eye out for my next bill and if the delivery charge appears on it, I'll get back to you.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi DrStrange

Another Eero has been dispatched I presume as it is bundled as part of the order and cant be separated, there will also be a returns bag.  You have renewed on fibre 150 for 24 months fixed price plus. 

Your bill is issued on the 11th of next month should the delivery charge appear let me know and I will remove it, there are notes on your account to remove it if it is generated. 

I will pass your feedback on. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

0 Likes